Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2012 Order Guide

10K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  79289Chase 
#1 ·
2012 SD Order.pdf

#4 ·
Fail

There is a thread on TDS. The .pdf is a Canadian draft version.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#5 ·
MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY CHANGES
• None
PACKAGES/OPTIONS ADDED
•TPMS Delete (18L) available on SRW F-350
•Spray-in Bedliner (85S) (Western Canada only)
•1-touch up/down driver/pass window std with Power
Equipment Group (included on XLT/Lariat/King Ranch®)
•2" sleeve reducer added to vehicles that receive the 2.5"
hitch
•Gaseous Bi-Fuel Prep Package (98F) for 6.2L engines

PACKAGES/OPTIONS CHANGED • Exterior
— GreenGem(JW)replaces Forest Green Metallic
— Chrome Pkg. adds18" Chrome wheels and availability of
20" Chrome wheel option
— 20"Premium Cast Aluminum wheels (642) N/AonXLT
— Power Sliding with Privacy Glass and Defrost standard on
Lariat / King Ranch®; optional on XLT
• Interior
— 4-way Adjustable Headrest standard on Lariat/King
Ranch® models
— Trailer Brake Controller now standard on SRW XLT and
Lariat models, all DRW models
— MyKey®now standard on XL
• Packages — 9,900 GVWR Downgrade Package now standard on F-
250 models
PACKAGES/OPTIONS DELETED • Exterior
— ForestGreenMetallic
• Packages — None
JOB 2 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES – Effective on all vehicles built on or after Job#2 (01/03/12 – Subject to change)
•F-350 SRW w/6.7L diesel engine now have standard vacuum
boost brakes

The only changes. This is the Canadian order guide fyi

#6 ·
hmmmm well nothing that makes me pissed I ordered a truck 5 weeks ago. That makes me feel a lil better. You never know what they might add. I was tempted to wait till the news came out but got too impatient

#8 ·
There is just nothing about the 12' that's calling my name right now.
Nothing at all...
Engine looks the same as does the 14 year old body.
I hope there are some badly needed color changes when the U.S. order guides are official. I've never kept a truck longer than 3 years, but seeing FMC is in love with status quo when it comes to the Super Duty, there is no need to change for this. Somewhere over the rainbow, there's a true "next generation" Superduty.

#17 ·
What are you calling a 14 year old body? The Roof, and maybe the bed,, but the whole front clip is only 4 years old.

I know maybe you don't complain about the prices like many on here do,, but I also know your not an idiot,, and the days of refabricating body lines every three years are long gone, or the prices of vehicles would be so high NO ONE would be able to afford one.

#9 ·
There are never big changes when the revised truck just came out a year ago. I don't know what you guys were expecting. Change the engine? Its one year old and doing fine they have no reason to change it. Don't hold your breath. I understand they should have added colors. I would bet Japan effected that decision.

#10 ·
Nobody was expecting an engine change. The basic engine seems great, it's just it's minor shortcomings. What I was hoping for was an improved turbocharger and fuel volume delivery as an improvement to the 6.7L.
After the engine was exposed at altitude, that may still have happened, we just won't know until Mike, Eric or Matt get their hands on a 12'.
If not, I'm sure some new hardware is coming soon.
The color thing is pitiful. Although they may have changed the names, the basic boring colors are still hanging around

#15 ·
I am hoping the one touch up/down window switches could be swapped for what we have now in our 11's. Seems like it'd only be the switches that matter, the rest of the plugs should be the same.
I'm using my windows a lot and one touch would be pretty nice.

#19 ·
I agree that the body style is the same as the 99 model and they just keep updating it every couple years. I love the updates and each update has been better than the last.

This will be a classic body style forever but hopefully they dont come out with a total redisgn for another 3-4 years from now. If they do then these trucks will drop in value big time.

#20 ·
I would think they could use the same cab, but just change the body lines on the the door. They've changed the lines of the truck on the fender and on the bed, but for some reason have stuck to the same does. They could also do a better tailgate and taillight change. The f-150's rear looks WAY different compared to an '04. I would think the designers could do something better to freshen up the superduty's rearend too.

#21 ·
I think this is the last re style of this cab. Ford cabs, and frames on these grade trucks last quite awhile. Last was from 1980-1997. I have been in ever restyle and everyone is different in its own way. But, if you take a good look you could still find a bit of 1980 in it. Just like the super duties. I do think the rear could be at least redesigned as everything else is looking good. Rear looks dated. Has anyone seen the gm truck taillights they are really sweet looking.

I think we should all congratulate ford for making a design that in its basic form can last over a decade now isn't that good engineering.

#22 ·
All Superduties ordered on/after July 1st will come in as a '12. We have gotten our first '12 F250 KR here. My dad's F350 DRW KR got held up by the navigation but is now on its way. Should be here in the next 2-3 weeks or so. I don't like the new KR leather that's for sure. It is no where near as pretty as the earlier trucks. I think in the long run it will hold up better for the people who don't condition them though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.