Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Which Turbo for 300/200

15K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  addison 
#1 ·
Okay guys I need some input on which turbo would be good for 300/200 injectors. I have been trying to learn as much as I can on this project that I plan on doing. I have a few in mind but I would just like to know,what turbo are guys with this injectors running and how they like them. I'm not hear to start a turbo war or bash talking,just want clean answers.

Thanks

#5 ·
Well Roger, you know what I thought when we talked. 4294 or 4202. Kasb is about right between those two if I remember right. I think about anything in that area would work. That's just my opinion though. For turbine housing there are quite a few with the 1.15 having good luck.

Here's a couple cheaper ones I found with some digging around.

Precision Turbo PTE GT4294 Garrett GT42 Turbocharger [150-4200] - $1,111.49 : Jay Racing
Garrett GT4202 - Boost Lab, Inc.
Wide Open Performance - Online Store

#6 ·
Which one would be a GT42R?

#7 ·
The first one has a 42r option. Its an extra $1k though.

#11 ·
As far as I know the kasb is set with a specific housing already as it was built specifically by Puis that way. The guys at *** can speak more to this but as far as I know the one it coles with is the one you are gonna want to be runing given your goals.

#13 ·
I was wondering about this turbo. How streetable would it be with 250/100's and occassional 10-11K towing? I didn't want to start a new thread.

#14 ·
Looks to be just a tad bigger than a 38r @ 66mm comp and 74mm turbine vr the 38r 63.5mm and 73.5mm respectively and I personally would want a larger turbine housing like a 1.15 instead of a .91. Its also journal not bb and will take a t4 kit. It would be nice if it came with a bigger turbine wheel.

#15 ·
So it wouldn't get me much past where I am now. Thanks for the info.

#17 ·
What kind of street manners would the 4202 havecompared to the s400? I'll also be upgrading to 400/400's in a few months. I want to get the turbo setup ready to go, then save up for the injectors and install at the same time so I only have to reburn my chip once.
EDIT: What would be a good housing size for 600++ hp and still have decent/good spool up?

#30 ·
s400 is just a base model. I have a s475/88 = 75mm compressor and 88mm turbine, and I have a 1.15 a/r turbine housing. There are MANY different versions of these turbos you can get. I may have missed it but what purpose are you building the truck for? Sleds? Drags? Just a DD? That will be your biggest decision maker.

#38 ·
On the street I've seen a little over 55psi, haven't looked down the track. I have always taken drive pressures under consideration for anything above 40psi.

#42 ·
No.

#43 ·
Nope although I can see why you would ask looking at the KASB turbine housing LOL

#45 ·
Funny I thought it looked so big on the KASB. I must be thinking of the comp housing.

Yep it was the comp housing!

#48 ·
Yes I think the picture I was thinking of was one you post a year ao and was a qssb next to a kasb and that was the reason there was a large dif I assume. But it was a while ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.