Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Project Single Cab Short Bed(50%)Done!

38K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  redneckabbott 
#1 ·
I bought this truck from a very good friend of mine. Started life as a long bed 4x4 5.4 XL work beast. The truck now has a 6.0 in it(studded and egr delete thank God!). It has also been converted to 2wd and the newer(05-up)suspension. Also power everything and digital ac. Plenty more to come! This is going to be a fun project and it is a blast to drive. I am really liking this truck.

The bed and tailgate have been painted silver but the paint doesn't match too well. I plan on shaving the cab lights and getting the truck re-painted eventually.

Grille I added today

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks y'all!

I have a grocery list of things that need to get done.

1. Take my built in radar out of my black truck and put it in this one
2. Sct tuner(still don't know what tunes to go with)
3. Edge CTS
4. Exhaust
5. DJM Lowering I-beams
6. Remove S H I T T Y Goodyear factory 20" Tires
7. Bilstein Shocks
8. Dynomat or some sort of sound deadening material
9. Painted Bumpers
10. Harley Grille
11. Harley Lights
12. Maybe Harley Emblems
13. HID's
14. Add Fog Lights
15. LED Dome Light
16. Led 3rd Brake Light
17. Oem Fend Flares(Already have the rears)
18. CCV Mod
19. Zoodad Mod
20. Traction Bars

And I am sure I am forgetting something

#16 ·
WOW!!! That thing sure has come a long ways. :ford:

gonna be great with all those mods done to it too. I like my innovative race file, and would think it would be all the better in that small/light of a truck :evil

#13 ·
Very cool!

#14 ·
Cool little truck. Amazing how fun the little lightweight 2wd regular cab trucks can be with 450-500hp in them. Mine has only been gone a month and I already miss it, especially on these nice 70-degree days. Fun as hell to cruise in.

Good luck with the rest of the build

#18 ·
So freaking jealous. I want a DD like that to just cruise. I wonder what gas mileage it gets? What gears?

#24 ·
Looks sweet. Gonna be a fun lil project.

#25 ·
If you sell em, I'd like the cab lights and harness and all. Also if you shave everything I really want that keypad on the door. I been looking for one but can't find one.

#26 ·
Yeah I'll do the cab lights when I take them off. However the key pad is cut into the door. It's not the stick on type. I'm not getting rid of that. I do plan on having it painted when I get the rest of the truck painted.

#29 ·
Did a little more to the truck today. Painted the cab lights and put the emblems back on.

#31 ·
Just got finished loading the new tune into the XCal for you buddy. I'll be there tomorrow to load it up and for the test drive!

Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.