Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

just got f**ked on a trade in

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  dstryr 
#1 ·
went to a dodge dealer today going to pull the trigger on a 06 dodge cummins, I am looking to shave off sum debt off my 08 f250 lariat. any who they were going to give me 32k on trade in. Came their today and the paper work said 28,400 w/ $3,600 down? I said wait am not putting down 3600. salesman says oh i thought was our deal. I said "fu*k you and fu*k dodge" and walked out. B4 i got to the door the manger tried talking to me that their was no hard feelings about this deal. lol fu*kin sharks these guys are

#14 ·
Hey Joe, your a little off on this one. Op said he made a deal and they changed it. I think if he would have kept his cool he could maybe have gotten the original deal back, maybe
Joe, :whs: blue, I wouldnt want my deal back. After they tried to pull a bait and switch on me I would have politely told them to pull their head out their ass and use that contract as toilet paper.

#13 ·
Hey Joe, your a little off on this one. Op said he made a deal and they changed it. I think if he would have kept his cool he could maybe have gotten the original deal back, maybe

#15 ·
The deal you make with a handshake should be the deal that is written down on paper. However, if you sign anything without reading and understanding it, you deserve whatever you get. One of the things I learned in the military.

If I am reading a contract, and I get the "it's all standard stuff" routine, I will hand it back to them and walk away.

#18 ·
this was the deal. told them I can get 32k for my truck a carmax. they offered me at 1st 22k cuz the fat guy who looked like silent bob was looking at the 6.8 v10 value. after i corrected him he said " oh...with the diesel its a extra 6,400" so then i was looking at 28,400 trade in. still too low went back and foward for like 1-2 hours and they said will give you 32k for the truck. take off all the #### on my truck and went to the dealership and they tried pulling that crap on me 28,400 trade in and 3,600 cash. keep in mind they didn't come down $1 even on the dodge. freakin sharks i tell you

#21 ·
I'm with you there on capitalism Joe, I don't expect a dealership not to make money, I would expect the verbal agreement to stand and would question everything they said when they started lying. We've come a long ways to expect dishonesty vs honesty. :(

#23 ·
Agreed, they overstepped. 1st rule of car dealers is you know they're lying when their mouth is moving. And I'm saying they saw him coming, thankfully they also saw him leaving.

You'll have to look long and hard to find an honest car dealer. If I was you I'd sell the Ford and pay a car salesman to let you tag along to an auction. That's where the truth gets told. And I've seen late model diesels sell for 10k like yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.