Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Best place to mount train horns

14K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  GR$$N$ 
#1 ·
Got a set of hornblaster 540 and trying to find best place to install them. the truck is a 2006 harley davidson 4x4 crew cab short box. Any suggestions for horns, compressor and tank mount???

#2 ·
I put a black chest type tool box in the bed of mine for the compressor and tank. Ran the wiring and air line through the bottom driver side corner of the tool box and bed. Mounted the trumpets (facing rear) on a piece of diamond plate aluminum underneath the driver side of the bed. All the air lines and wiring are between the bottom of the bed and the frame rail. Cut a hole out with a hole saw and mounted the solenoid sticking through the diamond plate. I'll try to take some better pics of the location of the plate but here's a few I took when we did the install. During the install, I missed one wire and had to run it over the plate, but have since re-located it. Nobody see's the horns, except when shoe's on a lift, but don't want it to look bad! I hooked the horn to one of the aux switches so I could retain my regular horn. Sounds great!

Attachments

#5 ·
i have mine where the spare was and 2 grovers(3 bells) on the passenger frame.

1 compressor(viair 480c) in the back mounted hidden near the horns and 2(450c) compressors on the passenger frame.

the tank(12 gallons) is in the bed but will be going to a custom tank under the truck somewhere.

Garrett

#7 ·
i dont have a spare tire on mine.the viaiar comp went into the frame rails.my 5 gallon tank went to where the spare tire was.and the horns went right behind where my exhaust exits before my tire.so where the gas tank is but on the passenger side.make sure to point them sideways or backwards though because when i first got mine from offroading they got full of mud and rain water

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.