Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Which tires

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  J HO 22 
#1 ·
Guys I posted this up in the tires forum but it doesnt get the action this section get.

The RSK, SD springs and Dana 60 will be in my CCSB this coming weekend and I have no tires to run on it.

I have 16x10 wheels i will be using so i need 16" tires. I am thinking 315/75/16. And I will be towing a 10k ball trailer grossing out at 18k

Looking for a all terrain(dont need a Mudder)

I am not a Fan of the BFG(stone throwing MFrs) and expensive

The general Grabber II is about the same tread

Goodyear dura tracs are REALLY nice, but also expensive(but also load range E)

Hankook ATM RF10 is a nice tire but only load range D

Falken Wildpeaks(already own a set on my ranger, not sure if i would buy
another set)

Toyos are just to expensive

So any ideas? I "MAY" consider a mild mudder, but dont want anything too aggressive.

See less See more
#5 ·
Only down fall to duratracs is the sway. I have a dually and still get a bit of it. But other then that i four wheeled with them with 65psi and the side walls still flexed like it only had 30 psi great offroad tires. And best off all 3 ply sidewall for 315 75R16.

#7 ·
I had duratracs on my old truck with 18s they were good on and off road.
They were 275s I believe

#8 ·
My dad has the procomp extreme allterrain, an he tows tree equipment every day. An still manages to get 50k out of them.

#10 ·
Before you decide be sure to have a peak at Mickey ATZ. Happy with mine.

#15 ·
#18 ·
I am very pleased with my Duratracs 315/75-16. They did awesome in the snow and aren't annoying loud on the hiway. Did alot of research everyone had only good things to say about them. I previously had BFGs (D rated)and they started cracking badly at half treadlife and the entire time I had them I had to add about 5psi every single week. Called a bunch of local shops until I found one that would get 'em for a reasonable price. IIRC I got'em for $1100 mounted/balanced out the door.

#21 ·
Dick Cepek Fun Country IIs and get them syped for longer life. 3195 lbs "D" rated though. Have had awesome service out of mine, just bought nuther set today. Also looked at the General Tire Grabber Red Labels, but just was not sure how well they would wear, they are relatively new here and not may guys have run them.

The FC IIs will work in winter and ok if syped but if on black ice and 10" wide rims with 315s probably be a bit tobogganish...For winters I run the Cooper full winter ice radial discover M+S with studs on separate rims...awesome winter tire...too soft for summer though.

jrc

#23 ·
I just got new tires on mine - 315/75/16. I had it narrowed down to either the Kelly TSR Safari or Kumho Road Venture. I went with the Kumhos. So far I like them. They are quiet on the freeway. It rained here once a couple weeks ago and they were good going up a steep muddy mountain road too.

http://www.kumhotireusa.com/pdf/(4-3-08)fourwheeler_eprint.pdf

Shawn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.