475/852 uncorrected

max power with a 68mm single turbo

500/839

dyno'd a stock truck with just an extreme race tune

463/935

Compared corrected numbers from the last time i ran on a dyno jet

same single turbo 580 hp
now uncorrected 640 hp

correction factor was huge so i dont want to use it...
Tried different tunes, ended up loosing power with anything more than 1.75 Ms pulse width because there was just too much fuel

Cp3 worked great had plenty of fuel and no sign of droping rail pressure

Need more air obviously

See less See more
#7 ·
i had a 74 on it... felt worse SOP dyno As a single peak might be higher but lag was so bad it wasnt even drivable

I dont really want to give up on the single thing but i think the time has come, im tired of driving a smokey truck, i have alot of other things going on now that is going to warrant me putting alot more miles on my truck doing normal things, like picking up kids, hauling a car here and there, ect, so something more convential will be going back on...

#8 ·
Why is the procharger not helping with air? Its supposed to act as your big charger right?

#15 ·
What about the fender mount of a second turbo like *** was talking about?

#17 ·
the procharger does make boost basically off idle but not enough, and having a smaller turbo does make it spool faster

I think the plan is to run twins, one mounted where the procharger is now, should be plenty of room but the down pipe is gunna suck

Stock turbos were going to go back on, but i have far too much fuel and have put in far too much work to just give up now stock turbos up here are out of the map so far its not event funny

#42 ·
Dustin why not change pulley sizes?

#18 ·
Just run the exh straight out the hood!LOL I agree dont give up now. Ive got migs and tigs if I can help at all.

#21 ·
high powers from elite but just the turbos, not both mounted in the valley, i was so impressed with mikes truck in phoenix that i decided thats the way i should go, should be able to support 750 hp and i have the fuel for it so we will see.

#30 ·
Why not just put them in the valley, it works(and no silly downpipe crap). I get trying different things, but it seems like with your extra fuel and various set-ups you made less power than a tuned stocker? Just curious.

#23 ·
im a little concerned that it will sacrifice spool up just a hair, so im going to run a ball bearing turbo, and wrap the hot pipe and make it as short as posslble but i dont think it will hurt, im also probably going to run two wastegates

All i have wanted to do from the begining is run 12.0 fuel only and if i have to spray one small stage to run that at high altitude on a hot day

#28 ·
From this...

here we go again...

I wouldnt run a pc with a 38r, i would run a charger alot bigger than what you plan to run on the street such as a gt45 or gt47 then procharge it, running a small charger isnt really going to see an added benifit from the PC... like i said here we go again.
Doesnt really matter anyway you need whatever FLOWS the most air to be the atmospheric,

In my case a f1c will out flow my gt4202 so thats why its the atmosphere, also you dont really drive the procharger hard enough to be the high pressure, nor do i think its a good idea to even try it, the amount of rpms that it would take to make it worth wouldnt really justify what is trying to be done
you guys forget that at low rpm that supercharger is doing very little, sure its adding air to the turbo and helping make drive pressure earlier but we are talking only a couple pounds of boost. As the rpms go up so does the boost, similar to compounds would. Like i have said size your high pressure a little bigger than you normaly would, and that will get you close.
Thats gasser stuff though... not saying it wont work but there RPM range makes a big difference on how things work.
To this...

i dont think its adding enough air for the HP that it takes to drive

Torque with the procharger is up and bottom end hp is better, but stock turbos still spool faster and make more torque
Why don't we take what you have here with your ProCharger and re-do it using what i like to call the "right way" and see where you end up... or give up, whatever works LOL

#32 ·
From this...

To this...

Why don't we take what you have here with your ProCharger and re-do it using what i like to call the "right way" and see where you end up... or give up, whatever works LOL
Let me know when your way actually works then maybe we will talk, but i dont have that kinda time to fuk around and wait for something that might work.
Hmmm...... So does that mean my plan of a F2 and a GT55 isn't so smrt? LOL
im not saying that, thats a big blower and driven off the crank hard should work but i say should
Why not just put them in the valley, it works(and no silly downpipe crap). I get trying different things, but it seems like with your extra fuel and various set-ups you made less power than a tuned stocker? Just curious.
notice i put up uncorrected numbers so NO ONE can dispute what i am saying, and its making slightly more power than a stock turbo'd truck thats why i used mikes bone stock 6.4 as a constant UNcorrected my truck did 640 and mikes stock truck did 592

Putting the turbos in the valley pretty much insures that you have to pull the cab to do any sort of work to the wastegate, turbos, or injection pump my set up is easy to work on and i want to keep it that way, or as close to.

I dont want everyone to think of this as a complete failure either dispite the power not being where i thought we should be the one thing is the cp3 and fuel system are working awesome, flawless opperation from the cp3, i just get in and start it, and floor it, and the fuel is there, i have never had a truck that had so much fuel that it actually made less power with a bigger tune, that to me is a big victory

The tune i ran that made the most power was 1.75ms PW as a reference erics xrace has 2.25 (more now with the latest revision) and im able to maintain that amount of fuel and rail pressure, just wayyyy tooo much fuel to do anything with

Today pretty much just confirmed what i had been feeling on the street, so it was really no big suprise, i just needed hard data to back it up.

Big thanks to hallers for letting me make so many runs on the dyno today and for mike letting me use his truck as a test dummy :D

I dont think anyone can say that i havent been honest thru the whole thing, i tell it like it is and no one can take that from me, but at this point i gotta do something different and go with something that i know will work.

#31 ·
Having the turbos in the valley makes working on stuff alot harder. Plus Dustin's truck has the advantage of having everything on the passenger side already basicly gone (plenty of room to drop in whatever). All we would need to do is pull the hot pipe and go to town on what ever needs done.

#33 ·
It is nothing new, been using the setup since cintrifigual superchargers have been around. This is nothing easy, understanding and knowledge are what makes it all work. Time is not your only enemy, you know that. Dillehay's truck killed your motivation to make it work, that's fact. I don't blame you for wanting it running yiddies like it should.

#34 ·
sure mikes truck took the some wind out of my sail, it fukin drives awesome, hard to beat that, and it makes more power than mine on a bone stock fuel system, then to top it off was when i broke the belt, i wasnt cool with that, i got alot better chit to do than work on this fukker all the time, i want to take the family to the lake, zoo, road trip, whatever and not worry about it, i didnt take it to the dpc because i was afraid of hucking a belt on the highway, not cool.

I hope dannys truck works out for him, and it probably will, but i cant sit and wait and hope that dannys truck will work the way it should, i need things to change pretty soon.

#35 ·
Not at all a failure. Everyone should keep in mind that Dustin was the innovator for the industry. This was the FIRST shot at a procharged single turbo 6.4.... I would bet with some tweaking and testing this set up could work well. Dustin doesnt have the luxury (as most of us dont) to have a project vehicle sitting in the shop.... I applaud him for being an innovator! And I totally understand why he is changing his game plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.