Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Vibration on take off??

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Jomax 
#1 ·
I have a F 350 Dually lifted a bit with 35's, if i take off nice, there's no vibration, if i take off mildly or hard i get this vibration almost like its from the drive line. It didn't do this before the lift and bigger tires. My question is, is it the tranny TC or do i need to get track bars? I feel it a lot more when im pulling a 15,000lb trailer and stop on a uphill stop light and have to gas i harder to take off. Thanks

#2 ·
Its leaf spring wrap. You need traction bars. Eventually you are gonna end up with a no go situation.

#3 ·
What do You mean by that? The leaf springs will just snap?

#4 ·
You need to shim your drive shaft carrier if You didnt once you installed the lift. I'm having the same issue. From 0-20 mph I have vibration. The harder I accelerate the worse it is. I pulled a load with it this weekend that had the rear of the truck sitting about an inch lower and The vibration went away.

#6 ·
I would try lowering the carrier as they said first but the fact its only happening under harder take offs has me wondering if its not the leafs wrapping

How died you lift the rear? Blocks yes? What height blocks?

The wrap severely changes the driveshaft pinion angle and that will sure give vibration.

#8 ·
i believe 4 in blocks

#9 ·
You can get axle.wrap at stock height as well. It is just easier the taller the blocks as it increases.the leverage between the axle and leaf spring pack. Now I A not saying that is fortress sure the issue just tthat off it only happens during hard takeoffs its a very good possibility.

#10 ·
my 03 did that for a while, vibrated horrible from 45-55mph with a trailer only then eventuall would do it all the time after 45.. mine was just u joints. something worth checkin.

#11 ·
mine is stock height and does this as well, im familiar with axle wrap as i built a pretty big ranger in high school and i dont belive thats the problem. i talked to my old boss and he had an 03 just like mine come in for the same thing he said it was the tranny and to fix it there was some sort of plug kit for the valve body and then he re-torqued the valve body as well said it was all good after that. so i will be trying this to see if it works i need to do a tranny service anyway so it wont hurt! hope this helps

#12 ·
The issue with trying to compare these other cuases is they leave out a fact of the ops set of events that lead to this issue.

He had no issue or vibration what so ever.

Then he installed a lift and large over sized tires.

Immediately from that point this vibration issue started.

Deductively the issue has a extremely high likelihood of being directly related.to the lift and tires.

The two main things that are well known to cuase this issue that corrispond to the mods made is the driveshaft/pinion/carrier bearing angle and axle wrap. Its likely to some extent an isue with both as the actual cuase of the vibration is somewhat the same either way.I.e. there is a angle change and the driveshaft vibrates.

#13 ·
The two main things that are well known to cuase this issue that corrispond to the mods made is the driveshaft/pinion/carrier bearing angle and axle wrap. Its likely to some extent an isue with both as the actual cuase of the vibration is somewhat the same either way.I.e. there is a angle change and the driveshaft vibrates.
My thoughts exactly;)

#14 ·
Tarms a smart guy.:bowfast:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.