Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

OBS won the Diesel Power Challenge 2011

19K views 59 replies 41 participants last post by  BB&D 
#1 · (Edited)
Congratulations to my friend Rocky Horn.

#13 ·
A super clean Cummins/BTS conversion. Rocky does great work!

#15 ·
Yeah I could have sworn that you had to have the original motor for that truck.

#26 ·
i love who they included him in the the Ford powerstrokes . . personally i think last years was WAY! better . they had pretty much one of each a 1st gen 12v a 2nd gen 12v and a 5.9 common rail . no 2nd gen 24v or a 6.7 yet.

they had a superduty 7.3 a superduty 6.0 and superduty 6.4 . no OBS 7.3 or a 6.7 yet

and they had duramaxs from 01-08

last year was a real challenge i think . this year to me was a let down . all 5.9 common rails and 6.4s and a few duramaxs :( very poor i though .

#27 ·
i got some new ideas for it or maybe a offspring of it .

look and see what u think and give feedback..

1.. aftermarket company challenge . Banks,ATS,BD, H&S, Swamps ,whoever has to have a truck that will do Dyno , Sledpull ,trailer pull , drag strip , etc.

2.. Semi trucks. Drags , 53'foot trailer pull loaded too max capacity , sled pull , etc.
couldnt really dyno cause probably max out the dyno .

3.. diesel cars. drags , fuel economy , braking , handling , dyno , etc.

4.. one truck and engine from each different body style such as .
Powerstrokes OBS 7.3 , Superduty 7.3 , 6.0 , 6.4 , 6.7

Cummins 1st gen VE pumped 12v , 2nd gen P-pumped 12v , 2nd gen VP44 24v , 3rd gen 5.9 common rail , 3rd-4th gen 6.7 common rail

Duramax any 01-11 6.6 Duramax.

Dyno , sledpull , trailer tow , fuel economy , drags , etc.

5.. 500 hp challenge . no truck over 500hp . torque can be as much as u want but nothing over 500 hp . any truck can hit 500 hp with a few mods give or take and it gives us regular fans out there shows us what most of our DDs can do in a not so daily place .
drags , sledpull , trailer tow , fuel economy , dyno , etc.

theres 5 differnt choices . feedback on which ones you would like to see or not see and why?

#29 ·
I think that its great that it was an OBS but its a real bummer that it wasnt a PSD. Its nice though that the DPC guys included the cummins obs in the ford powerstroke section. Like said before.

#33 ·
This thread was about an OBS winning the DPC...

Couldn't help myself. Congrats Rocky, Hearts on Fire was probably playin somewhere nearby as you dominated at the track

#34 ·
Congrats to Ricky, its good to see an old body style ford standing with all the new trucks even if it has a cummins in it, its still wearing the blue oval up front

#35 ·
Huh? The forum is POWERSTROKE Nation!!! I love the OBS as much as the next guy, but c'mon, this isn't "Blueovalnation"....this belongs in Project Log, or fab, not here.:doh:

#37 ·
congrats rocky!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.