Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

air horn mounting ? best mounting on a 2005

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  UNBROKEN 
#1 ·
I was abe to piece to gether a set of air horns with a compressor and air tank.
where have some of you all mounted you horns, compressor and tank?
I think I'm going to mount the air compressor behind the short rear seat on the floor, the small Hadley tank will fit on the frame right under that seat and thinking of mounting the horns somewhere under the passenger seating area.

Has anyone ever mounted air horns on the top of their cabs? any pictures?

#6 ·
I mounted mine on the frame right near the rear door on the excursion. Tank and Compressor in the back. I have lines running to the back for the dual climate c ontrol I just got some 1/8th in stock cut and drilled and bolted to the frame. I can get pics if needed.

#7 ·
Here ya go.
Tank and comp under passanger front door

Horns under drivers side rear seat. Made a mount to mount them to the fuel tank skidplate.

Switches on dash. on/off for comp and momentary on/off for horns

This was on my 05. Now on my 02 and comp is in the same place but I made a new cross member to mount the horns on. They are not visible on either truck.

#8 ·
my 03 has 2 compressors on the passenger side frame and one back near where the spare tire was. the 12 gallon tank was in the bed but going to make some tanks to mount to the frame somewhere. the horns are where the stock spare was pointed down and back, also getting moved.

Garrett

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.