Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

99-03 stereo question

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Arisley 
#1 ·
Well my 2000 6 disc cd player is broken and I need to get a new one. Does a CD player from a newer truck fit in a 2000 SD? I would like to try to get one that has an MP3 player input if possible.

Also if the 04+ CD players don't fit does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap(ish) aftermarket CD/MP3 player.

#2 ·
I bought an alpine single din for like 120 with wirng and everything from crutchfield. I wish I would have looked at some double din radios now. As for the question about newer factory radios I do not know.

#3 ·
The newer radios are double din in the 05 and newer trucks. You can trim the dash to make it fit. I dont think I would go trough the hassel for just a factory replacement. Just get a good Alpine single den with the mount from cruchfield and you will be good to go.

You might have better responce over in the Car and Truck audio section.

#4 ·
I hope I'm not jacking your thread, but what is a single DIN or double DIN?

#6 ·
Here ya go Rich:

Single DIN

Double DIN

On our trucks, the factory radio is not quite a double DIN (even though it looks like it could be). The dash faceplate has a recessed lip that prevents a true double DIN stereo from fitting. In order to get a double DIN there, you have to trim away the lip on the top and bottom of the dash opening, then rig up your mount, and you're done.

I've got a double DIN Kenwood DNX7100 in my truck right now. Bought it a few years ago.

#7 ·
Okay thanks for clearing that up.

#8 ·
Imho Go double din I did it myself. And i never have done a stereo before. I went on amazon and order a pioneer touch screen double din with usb, aux, mp3, dvd and cd it was only 260 bucks paid another 40 for wiring harnes and trim kit. Took me about 2 hours to do (keep in mind I have never done anything stereo before). I just grabbed a dremmel and went at it. I posted a write up step by step how to do it on here.

#9 ·
Do you have the link for that write up?

#10 ·
#11 ·
Big secrets.

1. Don't be skeered.
2. Measure twice (or more) make one cut.
3. Take your time.
4. Save the beer breaks for after you are finished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.