Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Moog drag link

25K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
Trying to replace worn out drag link as it is causing a lot of play in the wheel. Have been to autozone, advanced, and o'riellys. All of them can only get the solid side with tierod end of the link from Moog. What would the adjustable tierod end be listed as with Moog? I can't even find it on their website.

The side I can get is $156.00 at o'rielly's.

Thanks for the help
Kris

#2 ·
#4 ·
Yep I have been telling people about xrf ball joints and tie rod kits for a few yrs now. Once I got the info on them from guys up in Canada and northwest loggers as they use them on all their trucks with great success. You could not pay me to use Moog anymore. Same goes for all the others at the parts stores i.e. trw, Napa, etc. They all have really gone down hill IMO.

But if you really want to go with Moog here ya go:

THESE ARE MOOG PARTS NUMBERS:

Front Outer Tie Rod End -Driver Side: MOOG-ES3423

Front Outer Tie Rod End -At Right Hand Connecting Tie Rod : MOOG-DS1438

Front OuterConnecting Tie Rod End -Passenger Side : MOOG-DS1439

Front Outer Tie Rod End -At Pitman Arm: MOOG-ES3427T

Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve -Driver Side: ES3422S

Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve - At Pitman Arm: MOOG-ES3426S

#5 ·
According to xrf's website, they do not offer the drag link for an 06 f250...

#8 ·
Well that's great when they want to start to offer those parts to the consumer commercial vehicle market I will use them. Until then that amounts to nada. Why not do a search about how many people as well as mechanics have had repeated issues with current Moog parts. I had 2 balance joints defective out of the box and I personally know a few others a couple being mechanic by trade that have had to replace a good number under warranty in a very short time. You hold up a xrf and Moog their top end ones to each other and you will see a noticeable did. Not to mention xrf has a 1mil mile warranty.

On the drag link xrf will iirc provide a drag link in its kitbut they do not personally manf. it. I can not recall the brand but I recall it having a excellent rep. It was the brand carli suspension recommended for certain front end parts they did not produce. Sorry but I am not home and do not have access to the name.

#7 ·
i have fought that adjustment so many times with a monkey wrench........it pains me to see it

#9 ·
My point being,,i wouldnt want parts from a company thats buildin crap for air and space indust,thats where thier money is so that tells me they could give a shiit how thier auto parts come out.And thats prob why the parts from moog are shiit!

#11 ·
Ha!!! I completely miss took your post. I mean COMPLETELY !!! Figured you were saying that's proof of their quality. When in fact as you have said it can be quite the opposite. I think ever since their parent corps did that merger their auto parts quailty has gone in the sh!tter.

#10 ·
Guess I will call XRF Monday and see if they can help me out.

Kris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.