Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Tough suspension

555 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BambiBasher 
#1 ·
well i want to lift my OBS about 4 inches but i dont want to lose the ability to haul some really heavy weight. so heres my idea an RSK with SD springs up front and then out back use either A) F Superduty springs with blocks or a shackle flip or B) F550 springs out of a SD with again blocks or shackle flip. in the rear i AM no matter what going to make some rear traction bars.

so the question is what front SD springs should i use?

and also which rear springs would be better or easier to use? will rear SD springs fit right in the factory location on my OBS? how much lift do you think the heavier duty springs would give me?

Thanks,
Jacob

#2 ·
I've rode in an obs single cab that had rear springs from a f-450, it was a fairly rough ride. even with the flatbed on the truck it rode a little bit better but not like a truck with f-250/350 springs. So unless your going to tow/haul some heavy sh*t I wouldnt run springs from a 550/450.

#3 ·
im not really concerned with the ride of the truck. its a truck and its made to work. ill be getting a gooseneck for it and would rather have overkill than not enough.

my theory is if its worth building its worth over building. thats just me lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.