Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Industrial 6.7 Compounds

16K views 84 replies 49 participants last post by  lead foot 
#1 ·
I hear they are working on a kit. Anybody know more?

#3 ·
Lack of air seems to be the downfall of the 6.7s, I'm sure there's probably a few kits being designed right now

#5 ·
Now the question should be how much air will it take to clean up the remaining fuel? And would turbos even be very beneficial if it's only going to run out of fuel shortly after?

#8 ·
whey are some companies saying they are running out of fuel (like draining the rails or something) around 480-500 hp and some are saying they run out of air? just curious....

#9 ·
IIRC someone said it's only using 30-40% less fuel than what the 6.4 was using. And i've heard by several people that the turbo is way out of its range when you get the boost numbers up over 25-30 psi.

#12 ·
All I can tell you right now is that its gonna be awesome. I wouldnt worry about running out of fuel.......

#16 ·
i would imagine the first kits would do away with the twin turbine factory charger and have an adapter to t-4 for a non vgt regular style turbo. just a guess. then it would have crazy potential... the potential to show us its next weakest link :doh:

#18 ·
:whs: I love when information is shared :D

#25 ·
When I say Ford under designed their truck I am referring to stock, it has been proven the truck can't keep up with the Duramax at the higher RPM band at stock configuration. I would fully expect an aftermarket turbo for any modifications.

#27 ·
It's obvious why Ford limited these components the way that they did, they don't want crazy people like us running 800hp and 1500 lbs of tq! When the 6.0 came out people started modding them like crazy, then when the 6.4 came out it all started over again, and I am sure that Ford is tired of footing the bill for other people's attempts at more power. If they limit the available aftermarket power that can be achieved without changing major components then they've effectively dialed back they number of people willing to really go HP hunting. Then there is the fact that it is more time consuming to cover up a turbo and pump swap after you break something and attempt to dupe the dealership into servicing your Frankenstien truck. 500 RWHP is great! When an 8000 lb truck can run in the high 13's it's pretty astounding. 15 years ago a mustang wouldn't even touch high 13's!

#28 ·
Well ford is just shooting themselves in the foot by allowing Duramax to remain king over some warranty issues. Honestly all they have to do is put in a large enough turbo to keep power at higher RPM.

#35 ·
Agreed, I'd drive a new Chevy or a new Ford. They're both great trucks.

#40 ·
KFA, shut up and keep this topic on track, no need to spread your idiotic fallacies around here...
that being said... i hope something sweet will turn up soon for the 6.7... seems like they have a lot of potential... especially with how light (supposedly) the block is! for a race-vehicle application that sounds just about perfect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.