Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Why are f150's lower in ftront than 250's?

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  TylerDurden 
#1 ·
Is it the shape of the TIB's, or the springs and mount position in cross member?

#3 ·
Lets start with huh?

WTH you talkin about Joedaddy?

Are you referring to the rake of both vehicles in comparison? Or the fact that an f150 is literally closer to the ground in the front?

Either way, because they are half ton trucks and A.)they dont need that much rake because they arent intended to haul that much so a more level stance is appropriate and B.) they are half ton trucks and arent expected to do as much work and are usually personal use vehicles so a high stance isnt as important as easy in and out access to the cab.

That answer should cover ya either way.

#4 ·
You should read more carefully, I obviously know why they are set lower. I'm asking how it is accomplished. Is the cross member point higher or are the I-beams bent at the end ect....?

#7 ·
O. Now the truth comes outLOL

The f150 has shorter coils and a lower spring rate than the 250s.
The cast I beams are the same basic design, but F150s have a shorter "knuckle" to go with the shorter springs

#11 ·
Like I said, be careful, even the 3/4 ton version of that ate the hell outta camber bushings. My 460 truck was horrible....was glad when it was rendered obsolete with the superduty...

Maybe you could get a camburg version or something that would get rid of that cheap bushing...course it'd kill the budget part of the build...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.