Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Terminator T500 modded pump 02 7.3L VERY VERY IMPRESSED

82K views 110 replies 43 participants last post by  mcnance865 
#1 ·
Hello, I installed a Terminator T500 17* modded pump in my 2002 f350. After talking to joey i figured what the hell. Results are impressive, cost was $260.00 He rebulit my hpop that only had 117k on it. I chose to send him mine and have it rebuilt instead of paying a core charge. When I used to hold it wot in level 3 on my cts evo. I would see my hpop pressure drop to around 2200-2250. When running this test it would be wot up to around 70mph. After intalling the new hpop with same tuning it hold strong at 2750-2800 up to 90mph. I am very very impressed with this. I cannot wait to tow with it. Keep in mind also, I still dont have any custom tunes installed for it yet. I would recommend this modification for everyone. Its cheap has a two year warrenty and it pulls WAY harder then the truck ever did before....

This is hands down the best mod you can do for a 7.3L imoa

#3 ·
can they mod a 15* to this?

#5 ·
LOL...

Didn't Joey just post he was not doing this anymore...

I saw no difference, zero. But there is only so much you can do with pulling the check valves out.

I know of a few others that saw no difference.

Will it help? Maybe.

Would a SRP1 or AD do better... ya.

#10 ·
He's an idiot. In every thread I read. That's it, that's all. Douche bag of the year contender for sure.

#11 ·
Opinions vary...

What have you done???

Got any experance with any product other then your superchips programer and your muffler delete???

:doh:

#16 ·
Hey Doug, thank you for the data and I'm glad your happy.:ford:

The whole objective of the T500 was to make something affordable. The T1000 will be affordable as well and will fit right in with what's currently available in todays market.

Joe: Really? Seriously? As some have already stated, the T500 is not a moded 17. I went much deeper into the pump and believe me, the check valves have nothing to do with total output. Every pump that leaves my shop, loses the check valves(stock, rebuild, new, duals, whatever).

#17 ·
Oh I love the oil threads,
But, I like the price tag and m sure that it wont power b codes or 600 hybrids, but I bet it will be far better then a 15

We realty have to come up with new names.
Maybe stock, better oil, med oil , big oil....l

So now we have stock, modded(no more),t500 adrenaline, srp1,t1000,pulse,
Stealth 1 bts twins 1,swamps g3,terms, stealth 2, stealth3 .

That sound about right?

#19 ·
Subscribed. I like to here real world results and the OP provided just that. Thanks! Anyone else have a similar experience they would like to share?

#20 ·
I can tell already that this about ready to move to smack talk!!! Lmao

That's good to hear that you love the pump, when I start my project, (Joey at terminator) will have my business!!!!

#22 ·
Good thread! With a minor exception. Joey I'm convinced! Been convinced since hanging out at *** a few years back. Give me some time, I will be wanting one for my project!

#26 ·
I said the numbers dont lie. These are all take in factory edge cts evo level 3 no custom tuning yet. <-- YET.
I just dont know what to tell you joe.
wot #'s
icp pulse width is 4.95-5.00
Icp pressure is 2750-2850psi
Duty cycle is 55-56%

Cruising down the road 40mph or so.
icp pulse width is like 2.0 or so
pressure 1000-2000
duty cycle verys 20-35%

Idle
pressure is 475 warm 600 cold
duty cycle warm or cold is 11%

#27 ·
I said the numbers dont lie. These are all take in factory edge cts evo level 3 no custom tuning yet. <-- YET.
I just dont know what to tell you joe.
wot #'s
icp pulse width is 4.95-5.00
Icp pressure is 2750-2850psi
Duty cycle is 55-56%

Cruising down the road 40mph or so.
icp pulse width is like 2.0 or so
pressure 1000-2000
duty cycle verys 20-35%

Idle
pressure is 475 warm 600 cold
duty cycle warm or cold is 11%
That seems way high for some reason

-Michael

#32 ·
Joey,

I don't know about that he posted those 250s are running 200% nozzles. That makes them pretty hungry as well. The reason he is asking about the pw, I would assume, is that a stock injector can be emptied in under 4ms. My guess is that's the crappy edge tuning is the reason for the longer pw.

Yes I am almost certain his pw with 200% nozzles is way less than 5ms. My guess would be more like 2.0 to 2.5 max. Without knowing if they had fuel side mods etc they could be emptied anywhere from 2 to 3 ms @ 3k psi.

But I want no part of this pissing match.

#33 ·
Let me get my custom tunes from bill at phptune.com and then I will repost my updated numbers. I should finally have my custom tunes from bill at phptune this week. I am towing this weekend 28,400 lbs. combined via CAT Certified scale. I will let you know how she does when I get back.

#40 ·
I'll take a look the next time I go for a drive...

#43 ·
I really didnt want this to turn into a pissing match. I just wanted everyone to know that I am happy with my terminator t500 and next weekend I will repost to tell you how it tows. Thats all.

#44 ·
The fault certainly does not fall on you for this. When you get a chance to log with some custom tunes you should post them up as that will be more applicable to others. Then again there's a tuner maybe two that also seem to run overly long pw.

#45 ·
Not to hi-jack but could someone explain the meaning of the pulse width and duty cycle. And how that plays a roll in determining how good a pump is or how much it can produce? Thanks.

#46 ·
Pulse width is how long in time the hpop oil pressure is being used to fire the injector. Its how long the injector is injecting fuel.

Duty cycle is in basic terms and how it relates the hpop is how hard the pump is having to work to produce the current oil pressure at the needed volume.

#47 ·
Strictly speaking hypothetically, if I had pump xxx that was riming yyy tunes and they called for 3000 psi from the pump. If the pump gives 3000 psi at a 60 % duty cycle vs a 30 %. As long as both pumps hit 3000 psi when demanded would there be any diff hp wise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.