Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Harley Lights and '08 Bumper Install?

3K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  F-250-Owner 
#1 ·
So got some early birthday presents coming. :D Got a Harley grill and Harley headlights coming as well as an '08 tailgate and '08 rear bumper.

The truck is an '05 XL. Am I gonna need a different plug or anything to put the Harley lights in?

Also, is the '08 bumper gonna match up to my '05 bumper brackets?

I figure the tailgate should mount right up, correct? No need to change cables or anything?

Thanx! :D

#2 ·
If the tailgates go the lift assist you need the 08 up bracket. Otherwise everything should bolt up

#4 ·
Nah, it's the regular one. The fancy one costs more than twice as much as the regular one! :eek:

#3 ·
You shouldn't have a problem with the headlight wiring, it was the 04 and older harness's that needed to be changed for 05+ lights

#5 ·
Good deal. If I get lucky maybe I'll get the grill painted and put it all on before TS. That's not likely though. :p

#6 ·
You need the drivers side hinge bracket that bolts to the body to make the tailgate work. But everything else on the gate is the same.

#9 ·
Thats only if you got the lift assist

#8 ·
Thanx!

#11 ·
my tailgate had the lift assist. I just took it out and was able to use my stock hinges.

#14 ·
I put the different bracket (roller) on and it went right on. Looks great! :D

#17 ·
I still gotta take the flex fuel badge off. It's actually an '11 tailgate:

#19 ·
It looks like he hasn't put the 08+ bumper on yet, just the 08+ tailgate. But yes it is a direct bolt up on the bumper & tailgate you have to replace the roller pin on the lower drivers side. O.P. looks good so far

#20 ·
the bumper goes right on, I have a 2011 bumper on my truck....

#23 ·
Well, it actually is different plugs on the headlights. Anybody know where I can get plugs for 'em?

#24 ·
#26 ·
these are the wrong ones..... I just got done installing my 05 front end, and i had to clip off the one end and splice it into the stock headlight harness, I am sure you can send them back, or splice them in as I did. I do apologize, this was the link I was given sometime ago when I inquired about the wiring.

#25 ·
Thanx, just ordered a set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.