Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My 1-off exhaust I built today

10K views 63 replies 49 participants last post by  STRAIGHTSTROKEN04 
#1 ·
Decided to do something out of the ordinary....actually I've never seen it so I'm claiming it as my idea. LOL
I've never really liked giant exhaust tips...they look like ass hanging back there for no good reason...but what are you supposed to do? Well...I like old hot rod style dumped exhaust so I built what doesn't exist to buy.

Many thanks to Josh at Grand Rock for taking care of me on the parts I needed to make this idea happen.

I still have to shorten the right side a bit more then paint it all black after the oil burns off the pipe.

5" Y, a pair of 60* bends and a straight section all put together to come up with this. Used OEM hangers...not real happy with them but it's all I had today.

Anyway...love it or hate it...there it is.

See less See more
#51 ·
That's what she said

#4 ·
:whs:
looks good on your truck

#5 ·
When I first got my truck a buddy of mine tried to get me to do something similar to this, we always called it high and tight. Looks killer!

#6 ·
So, ah, wheres the spare tire? :D

#8 ·
Looks great! Does it sound any different?

#9 ·
Looks good. I like the different.

#14 ·
Looks good! I did something similar on my old dually. Sorta like an old muscle car with the dual turndown look. I really liked that exhaust and it didn't make as much of a mess on my fenders as a regular one does.

Attachments

#30 ·
I love it! I have started doing similar things to my gassers because it looks so much cleaner with the exhaust not sticking out. I may steal and modify your idea for mine and claim it as my own:lookaround:

#31 ·
How does it sound? is it louder with it pointing towards the ground?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.