Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel thingy

3K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  SSpeeDEMONSS 
#1 ·
I heard something about mounting two stock lift pumps in tandom or something like that? Suppose to deliever more fuel?

#2 ·
why not just do an airdog then?

#4 ·
Reliability.

I saw the same thing you did Smut. They're simply talking about running two stock pumps in parallel.

I'm suprised we haven't seen a setup like that mentioned more on a 6.0. Aside from the PITA filter change x2, it sounds like an interesting idea.

#5 ·
Where at i cant remember where i saw it? The filters would be a bitch but honestly i dont have any problem changing the one i have now.
I'm just interested in seeing what people think or have done seeing as i have 2 of them=D

#6 ·
I know Arisley is going to, or has already done this to his 7.3. IDK how it would work with a 6.0, shouldn't be much different though

#13 ·
Goose name sounds familiar. Why not get an airdog? Because im not planning on actually running this for actual real world gain. I have 2 lift pumps and if its possible to benefit someone who doesnt have the money for an AD then why not be the perspn to do it? I just want to do it to do it. I dont think theres anything wrong with that especially if it winds up working. The problem is i havmt the slightest idea as to what to do.

#23 ·
The KB unit will increase the pump's output under high demand..... i'm thinking how to trigger this though. I have one from my supercharged expedition project that I pulled all the stuff off of. It was triggered with a hobbs switch and came on at 5psi or more of boost.

#25 ·
William_04_X is running dual pumps on his 04 6.0 last I knew. He drag races it, and I'm sure he watches fuel pressures. He'd be a good guy to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.