Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What kind of stock sized wheels can go on a 99-03 SD to look newer, any 20 inch

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Al Mighty 
#1 ·
I am in need of new stock sized tires and was wondering if I could get a more modern look, like all the newer trucks with 20 inch wheels. I realize that I can't use current superduty wheels, but what can be done to the older superduties to give them a more modern look? I am not looking for big tires and wheels. I have 33s on my 16.5x9.75 Weld super single IIs for the summer. I am looking for a better stock type wheel. But instead of 16 inch, maybe something more modern looking. Thanks.

#2 ·
the problem with the newer stock size superduty wheels 05+ is the backspacing and offset is different from the 99-04.. so they sit further under your fender well and look goofy in my opinion.. but you can run wheels spacers with them to get them to fit like the 99-04 and they look pretty good...

#4 ·
I am fine buying an aftermarket rim. I am just wondering if they make a 20 inch wheel for the 99-04 that doesn't require a super wide tire and will allow for perfect operation without rubbing.

#5 ·
I've got 18x9 procomp 1089's, with IIRC 4.25" bs. I'm running a 305/60/18 tire on them, and they stick out flush with the top of the fender lip. If you're looking at it from the back, it sticks out past the bottom of the body where it curves under, but where the lip "flares" it's flush there. IMO, that's about perfect width on a daily driven vehicle without flinging rocks etc., all over the paint.

#6 ·
Would you happen to have a pic of that set up? Thanks.

#7 ·
I've got a side shot.

I've got a head on, of it sittig in the garage I need to upload from my phone, to PictureTrail. I'll post it later if you'd like.

#8 ·
The pic is fine, thanks. Nice truck. Are these wheels hub centric and use the stock nuts are did you have to buy aftermarket lugs? I kind of wish Weld still made truck wheels. I like the fact that my Welds use the stock wheel nuts and are hub centric.

#9 ·
Honestly, the whole hubcentric thing has always kinda confused me, and nope, no way that the factory lug nuts will work with them. I do know that this exact wheel is popping up left and right on all the Regency conversion trucks in 3/4 ton form.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.