Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone running the DP Tuner F5 chip?

9K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Bradbilt 
#1 ·
Its time for me to get a chip for my new truck... I was running a TW in my 97, but i want to try something else. Anyone have any suggestions or pros and cons of the DP chip?

#2 ·
I like my DP-Tuner chip. I have the F5 with the LCD switch..

1. The main thing I like about it is you can have 16 differant tunes on it at one time!!
2. I like the fact that it has a LCD readout switch. makes it easy to know wich tune you are in..

i am very happy with Jodys tune.. When I get new tune for my pickup after I am done with the build, I will be going through Jody for my tunes..

There are good tuners out there besides Jody ( I like his tune) If you allready have a TS 6 position chip why not stay with it?? just have PHP or Matt@gearhead or Swamps do the tunning for you.. TW tunes are good if you have not done enough mods to warrent new tune I would just stay with the TW tunning intil you get other mods done..

#3 ·
There are good tuners out there besides Jody ( I like his tune) If you allready have a TS 6 position chip why not stay with it?? just have PHP or Matt@gearhead or Swamps do the tunning for you.. TW tunes are good if you have not done enough mods to warrent new tune I would just stay with the TW tunning intil you get other mods done..
Some good advice right there.

#7 ·
i like my f5

but ive heard good and bad things about every tuner. its just your personal preference

#10 ·
Not trying to be an a$$ but why spend $400+ more for a new chip when you could get the old one reburned from the tuner's that use a TS style chip for half of what you would be spending on a new one?

Maybe that's just the cheap side of me........All the tuner's bring great thing's to the table but if I can save a couple hundred bucks by getting an old chip reburned then I know which way I'm going to go.

This is no way a bash toward you or the folk's at DP tuner.

#11 ·
True... and I am not offended. I am trying to sell the 97, so who ever buys it will not have as much to do... Like I am not pulling off the 17* HPOP, the rebuilt tranny with shiftkit and triple lock torque converter, or the cab lights.... I know the chip take way less work to get off but i just want to sell the truck with the rest of the mods i did in it. I pulled off the Bank tecnicooler the rest is going with the truck. So I am shopping for a new chip... I really like the way the F5 switch can be mounted to a gauge on the triple pillar.

#12 ·
What other mods are suggested to run stage I injectors? I plan on doing an intake, down pipe, and adrenalin HPOP. I have been thinking about down a rebuilt stock turbo with 360* instead of 270*. Really needed or? I will be using the truck for towing and a dd.

#14 ·
thats what i have been thinking but why not try to improve the effecency of the system? My buddy had Stage II's but that gets a little rediculous for me. To many extras just to jump[ up the EGT'S when under a load

#17 ·
my understanding is you cannot change the color. youll have to buy a new switcher

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.