Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

steering upgrade for 12" lift-2005 f350 HELP

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ddillenger 
#1 ·
Hey guys-the balljoint in my draglink is at max articulation, and because of that only lasted 2 weeks after my lift. I need better steering (I had crossover on my 99) and would like some options! Maybe get rid of my death wobble!

the lift is a fabtech radius arm kit (with the upgraded radius arms) and deaver rear spring lift.

#2 ·
We offer a HD single peice draglink that is MUCH stronger than the factory draglink aswell as upgrading the pitman arm side to a rebuildable uniball joint. It reuses your knuckle side tie rod and requires your pitman arm to be drilled out to a 3/4" hole. EricClaw has one on his truck, if you want a forum members feedback. They run $400. Let me know if you have any questions!

#3 ·
I am very interested in anything that will help me accomplish what I need to, but I want to know how that helps my geometry-my track bar and drag link are not parallel right now-that's one of my biggest issues-I have lots of bump steer, and death wobble. I was looking for a kit similar to crossover steering on leaf spring front ends, sort of a high steer kit.

#4 ·
The only crossover I found specifically for 05 and up is made by Bulletproof . Its a knuckle kit and its over a $1000.If you have access to a welder you can flip the track bar ball joint , weld the hole in the trackbar closed and redrill the taper upside down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.