Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone with autometers actually have a dimmer that works?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  TAMU_PSD 
#1 ·
I have two from bob neither work for crap. He doesn't have an answer for why they dont so Im thinking its the dimmer knobs themselves. Does anyone have a dimmer knob that works properly?
Kevin

#4 ·
I've always had them wired into the factory dimmer (OBS & SD) & never had an issue even with the LEDs. Never used an aux dimmer before. Never really messed with Auto Meters on an 05+ so can't say for sure how different they are.

#8 ·
i hooked up three autometer cobalt guages, dimmer wire tapped into the dimmer wire behind the light switch so everything would dim together. worked for about 3 months then driving down the interstate, the headlight switch shorted, a shot of smoke come out of the dash, and the whole truck went dark, headlight/dash/trailer/dome, all of it. doin 75mph down the interstate at 3 am pulling a 13k g/n, thats freaky.

i now have the dimmer wire trippin a relay to power all lighting aspects. then i got the dimmer from autometer and tapped that in.

on a side note, when i got my guages in, and tapped like the first example, i could not get them dim enough. you can also put that dimmer inline, and "dim the dimmer",

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.