Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Adding F-350 overload springs or airbags

11K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  TXsmoker 
#1 ·
I did search regarding over load spring addition and cant seem to find what I am looking for. I am thinking of just adding them instead of doing bags. Bags are great but one more thing on the truck that can break. either the bag/lines/compressor/electrical. Not common but it has happened. Anyway, I assume the ride will be the same as my 250? Junkyards have aux springs for like $50. Will the same U bolts work that are on my 250? Thanks

#2 ·
I would do bags instead of the overloads. Depending on the amount of weight you are looking at the overloads may not hold up enough. Buddies F350 came with overloads and he still put bags on to level out his truck when he put his 5th wheel on it. I put bags on my F250 for my trailer. The overloads may ride better than bags empty though.

#4 ·
OK any kit you guys recommend that will give a two inch lift and ride decent too? Was thinking of doing a leveling kit also at the same time.

#5 ·
I tow about 8k on the hitch with race truck, tools and golf cart.

#7 ·
That part is understood. I was looking for leveling the front and having a bag that would lift the back 2" and ride decent. Was not sure if that existed or I might need to do a 2" block then bags.

#8 ·
If you rasie the front to level the truck, then add a block, it won't be level anymore. :D

Get the truck to the stance you want it when it is without weight, and then use airbags to return the stance when the truck is loaded.

#10 ·
Sorry, I guess I need to explain myself better. Buying a leveling kit and wanting to raise the back to make about the same rake it has from the factory. So I would then need a taller bag. I think 1.5" leveling kit. 1.5" blocks then add bags that are taller than factory stance. By well approximately 1 to 2". I think the 2.5" leveling kit might be overkill

#11 ·
If you have an F250 then you have a 2" block. You can get an F350 block that is 3-5/8". The bags that I have mount on top of leaf springs and on the outside of the frame. You need to drill 4) 3/8 holes to mount to the frame. With those it does not matter what size block you have. I have a 5" right now but will be putting in a 4" next week. There are other bag designs that remove the upper bumpstop and also mount around the block tab for the lower bag mount. Bad thing about that design is you loose your bumpstops.

#12 ·
I bought 2 2600lbs bags and built my own brackets, bags empty sits factory height, when inflated i have about 8 inches of lift. I put a leveling kit on the front awhile back. Keep the truck about 3inches higher than stock in the back. Maybe this will help with what your trying to do??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.