Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

super singles?

17K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  lenzhotrod 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Im about done with my 600 hp build, and ill post up the results soon. But my next project is gonna be to put super singles on this truck. Its a 1999 f350 dually. Im wanting to keep the same rim and tire height as the front. maybe a little taller. I also do NOT want to lift the truck any.
would anyone know what size rim and tire i need to go with?
Manufacture of the rim?
And would this also still be good for sled pulling and drag racing?
How would it handle a trailer with a lot of weight?
sorry for all the questions.
just curious to what you guys think
thanks for any info,
Kyle

#4 ·
Yeah i was thinking that after looking at all the super singles. Would the 16.5x14 weld rims work and look good?

#7 ·
sounds like your talking about just putting any ole wide tire out back and dropping the duals.

A true super single would be on a 22.5" wheel and be a commercial tire for a big truck, sometimes called floats when used on the front axle, or super singles when used on the tandems or trailer to replace the duals.

might have to see what the shortest height you can find in a 15.5 wide tire and go with that in the back, maybe some 35x15.5 (if they exist) and then go with a 35x12.5 up front with a leveling kit.

Or Adam with First Coast actually did a build with a true super single in the rear but it required some fender trimming to tuck on the back with stock springs, then for the fronts you can run a 22.5 regular wheel under a leveling kit, but it will be tight.

#6 ·
go look in the other threads about 12 and 14 wides, 33s are as large of a tire you can go on a 12" rim at stock highth and you will still need to "clearance" the bumper. The problem is in the offset pushing the wheel/tire out further, less offset=taller tire; more offset= shorter tire. That being said "more offset is infact negative offset

#8 ·
I looked into doing something similar. I assume your meaning a super single as in one big fat wide 14-18" tire in the back. When i looked into it was going to be very costly for tires and wheel, tires were going to be 300 or more each. Search for schoolbus(something similar) on compD and you can see what he did to his shorty dually.

#9 ·
Alcoa makes a low-pro super single rim. Not the exact same set up as a standard Super-single which is the float style and would squirm a lot and requires tons of lift anyways.

Bridgestone and Michelin both make the low profile tire that goes w/ it. I think it's called a "Great-tec" or something.

Those tires perform very well and are built for a lot of weight. Plan on spending about $1400 for wheel and tire, per side.

I think it would look sick on a dually.

#11 ·
thanks for all the reply's guys. I didnt know if i could go with a 16x14 tire or what. But now i realize that it would have to go with the 22.5's and most likely lift the truck, and i dont want that.
Lenzhotrod, could you please post up some pictures of your set up?

#12 ·
here is the one Adam and First Coast Diesel did

They had to do a little trimming and reworking to the rear fender to give the tire some room, but I don't think there is any lift on the truck, maybe just a leveling kit. The thread for the truck is here with plenty more pics, FCDP Project Super Single Dually - PowerStrokeNation

#13 ·
That looks totally KICK-A$$!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.