Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Media rooms

716 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Short Bus 
#1 ·
OK guys im adding a 28x36 garage to my house and im ending up with an 18x28 bonus room that im going to make a media room out of. So my question is who has one at home and what is your setup. Im going with a 120in Tab tensioned screen going to be 2 levels with 10in step down I would like to spend around 10k on the electronics. Any help would great. Thanks.

#2 ·
I went with an onkyo set up. Yamaha has nice set up as well. I would also think about adding a media server to your set up, that way you can leverage internet content Boxee - Watch Movies, TV Shows and clips from the Internet on your TV. is a good place see what I am talking about. With Hulu, youtube and the various network sites you can just about do away with your cable tv subscription, if you have a fast internet connection.

#4 ·
ya i was looking at kapich speakers I have apple-tv with a wii but i will be keeping my cable tv. need this for PPV and such!!!

#7 ·
I have B&W speakers and they sound awesome. I got suckered into them. I was at a home/video custom store looking at different speakers. I listened to a bunch of different brands, and these sounded way better than the others. Big shocker about 30% more than the other brands they had. Anyway, regardless of what you by for speakers, while you are in the construction phase, insulate the hell out of your sidewalls, ceiling and floor. You can spend thousands on good speakers and equipment, spend the few hundred dollars on keeping that sound in the room. An adequate system in a soundproof room will blow the doors off a high dollar system in a room that only has drywall keeping the sound in. JMO

#8 ·
Check these guys out, its a speaker building forum. (Another fun/expensive hobby) you can build some really killer stuff if you want. These guys talk about acoustics,amps and so on like we talk about HPOP's and tunes, I would highly recommend you sign up over there and read ALOT and of course ask questions.

I hope its OK to pimp another forum, its not related right? Well if this is an issue mods please let me know as I dont know where the line is exactly.

Tech Talk Forum - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com

#9 ·
Klipsch are great speakers, i run'em with an upper end paradigm powered 10" sub. Its not by any means the best setup in teh world but it does sound damn good and the sub beats harder than most car stereos. My reciever is next to get upgraded, its just a cheap ~$500 sony. It will probably be replaced with onkyo when it dies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.