Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Steering Wheel Adjustment

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  07_powerstroke 
#1 ·
I need to center my steering-wheel by about one half inch in the counter-clock-wise direction.

How do I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

#4 ·
So when you are sitting the wheel is pointed slightly to the right? You will want to turn the sleeve to lengthen the bar.

Do it with the tires straight, key on, engine off, e-brake on and chock the wheels for safety. Easiest if you have someone sitting in the driver's seat to tell you when the wheel is straight.

#7 ·
the last alignment I had after my new ball joints and tie rods from XRF, the alignment tech told me he couldn't completely straighten the wheel.

He showed me there were not enough threads on the drag link to adjust it out far enough to keep a safe amount of threads. I thought it was wierd, he says its because my 6" lift.

#9 ·
All is good now. I have the wheel straight now. It took me a bit to get the adjustment sleeve loose and I used a pair of vise-grips on the opposite end of the track bar so I wasn't banging against the joint.

Thanks for the responses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.