Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone running KING OEM Performance Series?

7K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  TxFireman1972 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
#8 ·
I have been talking with Down South Motorsports...the lowest height those will go is 1.75" above stock. I really want to stay at stock height where the truck is right now.

they are running the king shocks on the raer of that drifter
I noticed that lol

#12 ·
I would like to try them but I'm wanting something for stock height, just like it is now. They told me the lowest it will go is 1.75" above stock.

#13 ·
KING can make a 6" stroke c/o which is would probably be about right for a stock height truck...if the oem series is an 8" stroke. I'm not an expert on this, so call someone who knows for sure. I'm contemplating doing the Full Traction 4 link coilover conversion to my truck and was told that be at lower than 4" lift, King would have to make a shorter OAL / shorter stroke c/o. I was told that (by King) that the custom shorter coilover was actually priced less than the OEM series.

#14 ·
Is anyone running these yet? I'm not real happy with the Bilsteins I put on and looking to change to something else.

#15 ·
Just be the first! I love their coil overs, and I am sure you wouldn't be disappointed in them.

#18 ·
Yeah, that looks about like a leveling kit. King told me 1.75" above stock is the lowest it will go.

#20 ·
I just don't want to be any higher than where I am right now, which is stock height. The Kings may be out of the picture for now (for the truck anyway lol). Buying the wife a new 4-dr Jeep JK and her TJ she drives now is becoming my new project. Looking forward to going big with something I don't have to drive every day lol

#22 ·
Nice looking truck. Have any better pics of it?

I just wish they could work for a stock height application.

#25 ·
It feels much more stable, but the one thing I don't like is how it rides over the cement highways. On some of the cement highways that are not in great shape the truck bounces around a lot. I am supposed to take it back in to get the shocks adjusted, but I am stuck here in Arizona for a little while. I think it is just the rear shocks the need adjusted.

#26 ·
I just spoke with the tech guy. They have two model #'s for the OEM Perfromance Series for the front:

25001-136
25001-136A

They are both adjustable height wise (up to about 3") with the spring on the coil over. The difference is the "A" model also has Compression Adjustment that controls the flow of the shock oil with 20 different clicks of compression adjustment. I think for about $200 more it would be well worth it.

#29 ·
Well I just got done talking to Poly Performance. He had quoted me $986/pair for the adjustable coilovers. I called him back to check the price before I ordered, because they were ALOT cheaper than anyone else.

I asked him:

"Mainly just want to make sure that $986 for the adjustable and $786 for the non-adjustable is for both sides. Because just about every other place that sells them is almost double that price."

He responded:

"Let me double check for you"

He came back and said:

"Here's the deal: The 25001-136A on our website are the remote reservoir non-coilover replacement shocks. These just replace your stock pin top type shocks, since your truck has coil springs. 25001-146A are the remote reservoir coilover conversion shocks. These are the ones you were looking at the other places. They are different part numbers. These coilover shocks are the ones that have 1.75"-3" of lift. I don't currently have them listed on my website. If you want to order them, I can match any price they are listed at elsewhere."

I was ready to jump for the price he quoted me, but with the real price being $1500...thats a little harder to jump on lol. So Back to the drawing board!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.