Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Nitto Terra Grapplers

7K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  06-sixoh 
#1 ·
I have had these tires for a little over 17k miles. Rotated every 5k and pressure checked monthly.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, I sold a crap ton of these when I sold tires, the worst I saw was around 20k but the guy was always loaded down and or had a trailer behind him...

The only thing I can see that makes me wonder is the center of the tires look to be more worn then the edges.. Makes me think they are either over inflated or they are to wide of a tire for the wheel...

#4 ·
They are actually wore pretty even all the way across. The side lugs are cut a little deeper and follow the side wall. I'm running 12psi less than max in the front and 8psi less in the rear.

wow I would imagine something has gotta be up to wear them down that fast. Maybe a lot of gravel road driving??

I had a set of them that I got 40k out of with maybe 4 rotations and running 5psi shy of the max rating on the sidewall. Mine were 325/65R18 on 18x9 wheels. Also when I got rid of them I'm pretty sure I could have gotten another 5k at least, but then again I run tires till they are bald and flat worn out.
I've got a buddy that has had really good luck with nitto, but I've found more people that have had luck similar to mine. I just thought that I would share and hopefully keep someone from making the mistake of buying these tires.

#3 ·
wow I would imagine something has gotta be up to wear them down that fast. Maybe a lot of gravel road driving??

I had a set of them that I got 40k out of with maybe 4 rotations and running 5psi shy of the max rating on the sidewall. Mine were 325/65R18 on 18x9 wheels. Also when I got rid of them I'm pretty sure I could have gotten another 5k at least, but then again I run tires till they are bald and flat worn out.

#5 ·
I runn nitto's on everything I own and have since 05... I have had nothing but great luck with them...

Sorry for your luck man, that does suck, but I will keep on runing them... With the way I drive and the care I take with mine 40k is what I have averaged with both the Terra's and the Dune's..

#6 ·
I was considering Nittos , but looking for reviews on TiresDirect i think , Everybody that ran Terra Grapplers on 3/4 ton trucks only saw the kind of wear that you are seeing . 1/2 tons seem to get about 30k out of them or more .

#7 ·
It's like DJ said. He's getting good wear out of them. I guarantee that he isn't taking any better care of them than I have. That's just the way it seems to be some are wearing great and some suck. Mine suck...

#8 ·
I have a set of 305/70R16 Terra Grapplers on factory wheels. They have about 45K on them and I am certain that I can get another 10k on the tires.

#9 ·
I got 40k out of my terra grapplers and still had another solid 3-5k but I always play it safe and change before they get close to the wear bar. my truck weighs 8500 and I pull a very heavy toyhauler(16k+) decently often.

#10 ·
i noticed from their website, that depending on the size tire you go w/ AND the size wheel it is on, the tread depth is different as is the load rating.
I'm guessing the lower rated ones may be wearing faster if the compound is softer.

#11 ·
I just looked at the tire selector on their website and 265/75R16 E Terra Grappler is what is recommended for my truck.

#12 ·
I had a set on mine with 18" wheels, problem was I could only find an 8 ply tire. I got 20k out of them and was very disappointed, so i sold the wheels and tires, put the stockers back on with a bigger 10 ply tire, I'm up to 35k right now on them and still have plenty of tread left.

#13 ·
I have my 305/70/17 with 55k on them and i could stretch them for another 5 to 8k more miles, i love these tires

#14 ·
I haven't had great luck with terra grapplers either. Got a set on my 1/2 ton now that I'll be lucky to get 20k out of. Love the look & price, they just seem to be a softer tread compound. I've got the wrangler duratrac's on my diesel, & they seem to be wearing a lot better, but they're also a 10 ply, so...

#15 ·
I've got 20k on my 315/20's and they look like I got another 15k or so to go on my 8000lb F350. Hate the way they grab and track the ruts in the road. The BFG's before the Nittos didn't grab as much.

#16 ·
I have approx 40k miles on my Terra Grapplers and I have no doubt they will make it another 20-30k. 285x75 R16 Load Range D on stock wheels. Correct tire size for the wheel and correct air pressure is a must. I run 55psi front and 40 psi rear when Im not hauling anything.

#17 ·
Ive had good luck with the Nittos as well, I am on my second set, I believe I got around 40,000 out of my first set. I believe i'm around 20,000 now on my 2nd set I'll have to take some pics in the day light, I prly have another 20,000 left on them.

#18 ·
My dad didn't have very good luck with his terra grapplers either. He had them mounted on his 02 excursion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.