Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

H&S 300 TUNE IS HERE!!!

30K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  redhead02 
#1 ·
H&S has a new 300 tune now availble for everyone to download on their website. It is the new hot damb tune. There is also an update that lets you monitor things that we could not before, with the H&S tuners, like exhaust backpressure for one. I am uploading it as we speak and I will let you know how it is. The tranny tunning is different from what I hear as well. I will give feedback tommarow.

:pullover:

#2 ·
Great to know 5 days after i ordered kem tuning haha. Cant wait to hear how it is though!

#3 ·
Well I just got back from a 1 hr beat run with the new tune. Tranny tunning is deffinetly different!! It locks up at 40mph in 4th gear and stays locked up all the way in 4th and 5th gear. Truck pulls really hard on the highway. Also it is nice to be able to monitor the ebp finally and see where it is at. Here is some of the numbers I got with the new tune;

EGT HOTTEST POINT-1675 WIDE OPEN THROTTLE AT 120MPH
EBP-65 WIDE OPEN THOTTLE
TRANS TEMP HOTEST POINT-175
BOOST HIGH MARK-45

#8 ·
What tune do you guys tow with? I am in the process of installing EGT, Trans Temp, and Oil Temp gauges. I currently run the old HOT Tune (225hp), but haven't towed with it yet. My 5th wheel is 11K lbs, any suggestions?

#9 ·
Well having shift on the fly, i would suggest a 150hp or lower tune with that weight, you just keep an eye on your egts, if they get too hot, lower the tune

#12 ·
i was running the firm shift file and shifting was great after the relearn process. Only took about 10 mins of semi-hard driving after doing the relearn process. The tune seems less smoky when driving good and more smoky when you put down the pedal. I drove it for about an hour and really liked it.

#15 ·
does this just replace the 250 hot damn tune and still adjust on the fly or what?

Got a reply back from casey

Yes, both of the tunes are still shift on the fly. We will be posting more info about the tunes later today, but below is the breakdown of the power levels.

Latest software (Mild tuning)
No power - 0hp
Mild - 80hp
Wild - 160hp
Hot - 250hp

HOT DAMN 300 download
No power - 50hp
Mild - 125hp
Wild - 225hp
Hot - 300hp

#17 ·
New 6.4L Tuning Includes:

- All new transmission calibrations for Job1 and Job2 trucks with modifications shift firmness, TC lock strategies, shift points, etc.
- DTC robustness for P2563, P2263, P006B, P0088, and more
- Standard transmission cruise control problems addressed
- New PIDs to monitor on the BM and MM: Exhaust back pressure, Timing, Fuel flow, and Estimated Torque
- Monitor freezing issues addressed
- HOT Damn 300HP tune now available for automatic AND standard transmissions
- One touch start system re-enabled
- Functional Cruise control with EGR deletes on all tunes
- Cold start mapping enhanced for less "rattle" during warm up

6.4L Power Levels
No Power – 0HP
Mild – 80HP
Wild – 160HP
Hot – 250HP

6.4L Hot Damn Power Levels

No Power – 50HP
Mild – 125HP
Wild – 225HP
Hot – 300HP

#18 ·
New 6.4L Tuning Includes:

- All new transmission calibrations for Job1 and Job2 trucks with modifications shift firmness, TC lock strategies, shift points, etc.
- DTC robustness for P2563, P2263, P006B, P0088, and more
- Standard transmission cruise control problems addressed
- New PIDs to monitor on the BM and MM: Exhaust back pressure, Timing, Fuel flow, and Estimated Torque
- Monitor freezing issues addressed
- HOT Damn 300HP tune now available for automatic AND standard transmissions
- One touch start system re-enabled
- Functional Cruise control with EGR deletes on all tunes
- Cold start mapping enhanced for less "rattle" during warm up

6.4L Power Levels
No Power – 0HP
Mild – 80HP
Wild – 160HP
Hot – 250HP

6.4L Hot Damn Power Levels

No Power – 50HP
Mild – 125HP
Wild – 225HP
Hot – 300HP
Load that 300 tune in that land yacht of yours and report back. :poke: Dont be skeered.

#19 ·
Alright Guys listen up... I loaded up the tune last night and went for about a 100 mile beat run. The tune is very nice and tranny shifts great. I did notice that the gear position indicator was gone off of the Black Maxx screen last night and emailed H&S to tell them about that. This morning when I got out to the truck and started it up, the monitor read all 0's on all the paramitors and was froze in that position. I just called H&S and talked to them about the problems and they are going to be doing an update this afternoon that fixes all this. So any of you that did what I did and downloaded the tune, you are going to have to do an update this afternoon. I belive the update should be #20. I really love the support from the team at H&S. They are amazing to deal with. They really care about the customers. Thanks again H&S!!

#21 ·
If you can get them to fix their dyno this week too, I will agree with you.

#25 ·
Haha, sweet! I was hoping to leave it for next week cause I am needing it back.

#28 ·
This update i GREAT NEWS!

#39 ·
Just did the install and have a question.

The 275/65-20 tire is 34" tall. When the screen comes up for tire size I adjusted it to 34". Will that be correct or do I need to adjust based on a GPS or other device?

Has anyone tested how accurate the tire size calculations are?

#40 ·
Any news on TPMS adjustment or delete? I can't wait to try this new tune out. I am gonna wait for next week for the kinks to be worked out and see what kind of mileage it gives. The tc lock up in 4th sounds awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.