Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

FICM REPAIR KIT

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Zmann 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to purchase a FICM repair kit?

#3 ·
There are guys who have repaired ficm,s themselves not sure where they get the diodes and what have ya parts. I have one open now and I can tell you this: There are a million tiny tiny parts in those things. If you botch the job it may ruine it and you can have a problem having someone work on it much less warranty their work after you tried?

After saying that if you have needle tips for a soldering gun and are familiar with how to fix electronics on circuit boards go for it. I have seen a repair procedure on FTE.

#4 ·
most guys re flow the solder on the power supply to repair them sinc cold solderr joints were the issue = no parts required

if you need a capacitor ETC most guys wouldn't know how to even test to see what one is bad ,,

there are a few articles on what to order to do a voltage upgrade but honestley by the time you order all the stuff you might as well send it off or buy a Bulletproof unit

no one touches the logic side when doing an upgrade or repair to the voltage so the million tiny parts isn't an issue IMHO

but yes if you botch it your looking for a new power supply because no one wants to wok on a DIY fail

#5 ·
Who does the best work? Not interested in voltage upgrade...waste of money for no gains IMO.

#7 ·
your" gains" opinion isn't really supported with fact for some of the vendors options

and there is no "FICM repair KIT" not sure where you got that ?
it is a few bad solder joints and the articles are a plenty on the DIY repairs

ficmrepair.com is great for folks who want a PHP flash / voltage upgrade (you don't care for) or can't solder and need their OEM re soldered ,,because they do not want to try and then have a scrap power supply

with the 6 phase Bulletproof FICM

you get a choice of voltages you select after you receive it by selecting jumpers /or just stay stock

a triple redundancy ( yes a huge advantage ) ,, not to mention an all new improved power supply/heatsink/potting material and a company Who cares

they also do repairs to stock FICM's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.