Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ALERT!!!! Everyone with a California emissions truck needs to see this

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  wes.cwill 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The pain in the ass rear bolt towards the drivers side on the pedistal makes not pulling the turbo worth it alone.

#4 ·
Just need a good quality 1/4" drive 10mm flex socket, extension, 1/4x3/8 adaptor and a good 3/8" ratchet for the pedestal fasteners. A little electrical tape to keep the flex from flopping around, guide it onto the rear fasteners. This is the hard part since you are working blind. Grunt hard and the bolts come off. Reverse to reinstall. Put a piece of electrical tape around the rear pedestal bolts (or a rubber band) to keep them from knocking the orings out of place when sliding the turbo back on.

Use an impact wrench to remove the upper flange fasteners and a stubby box end and a small hammer to remove the lower bolts. Tap the stubby and the fastener comes off. About a couple of minutes each for the lower flange fasteners. I didn't believe it until my buddy showed me how.......:eek:

Twenty minutes if you're fast, 30 when just cruising.

#6 ·
I need to change my signature. I no longer have the h2E. I'm back to running the stock turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.