Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Benefits of the EGR delete kit?

16K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  64stroker 
#1 ·
I did a search, and didn't really see what I was looking for. I've seen kits that offer much more including wastegates, then I've seen some that are just block off plates. What exactly are the benefits of the EGR delete kits? Can buying the block off plates be beneficial? I'd like to run the larger tunes with a small shot to get in the 12's. Even more importantly, will this help with fuel mileage? Any help is very appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
With Eric at Innovative's and Spartan's tuning, you can get in the high 12's on fuel, no need for nitrous. I would avoid using the block off plates with high tunes because of the insane back pressure. The best thing to do is to get a complete EGR delete with a wastegate, especially if you plan on spraying with big tunes. Back pressure needs to be relieved.

#5 ·
Hi, what about for a guy that daily drives plays rarely, would the egr delete be any benifit? I'm new to the diesel trucks so any info you guys can share i appreciate it. Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.