Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 best fuel mileage

248K views 104 replies 59 participants last post by  R/T93 
#1 ·
what is the best fuel mileage yall are getting out of 6.0.....tell me your stories and what you have done to the truck and what tunes if running any? I have a 2006 6.0 cc lwb king ranch on 285/65/18

#2 ·
Subscribed....

Wanna learn

Shawn

#3 ·
Re: 6.0 best fuel mileage with sct

dang nobody gonna tell me there mpgs and how there getting them

G
#5 ·
17-18 stock.. Just a "4" inch exhaust.. That's about the best your going to see out a 6.0.. Chips, intakes ect buys you nothing in mpg's.. Been there done that.. IMO, 17-18mpg out of a CCLB dually is pretty damn good for a heavy truck..

#7 ·
Hard to agree with it dont improve....havent hand calculated yet but i have a 40 gal tank and before tuner id be at 3/4tank at 130 mile range and now ive been 132 and hand just cracked off F line

#11 ·
iv babied mine both ways and seems like im getting better miles from a tank tuned.....but have not hand calculated...not going by that dang lie-o-meter:peeman:eek:n that thing

#12 ·
I have just the mods in my signature and drive it mostly on the highway with a few stop lights, I have smaller tires than stock and drive it with IDP economy tune, and don't stand in it very often, just enough to keep the turbo cleaned, but I get 17-19mpg a lot of it depends on how you drive. I'm waiting to see what I get when we get regular diesel fuel instead of the winter blend. I have about 150,000 on the truck now.

#15 ·
I had a SCT Livewire tuner and the milage did not change. The tranmission kept missing gears like it was going to neutral with the SCT so I went back to the Banks Six Gun tuner which a lot of people hate but I like it.

#18 ·
What's your cab configuration?

I never could get over 15mpg with stock tires, and I have never even checked it with since I put 35's on it a year ago. 3.73s

#58 ·
75 mpg?? lets talk about this lol

Reactions: 2007 60
#21 ·
goose a tuner does help with mpgs...call and talk to charles at kemperformance and he will explain....diesel is not like a gas engine...the more hp you have in a diesel the better fuel economy your gonna have long as you have the right custom tunes

Reactions: 6.0Raymond
#23 ·
i have 38.5s and get around 11mpg. 03 extended cab 350 with 6.0. i was wondering the same thing about mileage, i want to get a programmer so that i can get some better mileage and have been told by numerous local people that i should see pretty good gains

#25 ·
I am running erics extreme street for my dd. Havent tried the reg street yet. I took a trip last week all highway and got 22.3. That is a hanf cal. Figure. I couldnt believe it either so i did the math twice. Running factory exhaust with a cat and miffler delete. Stock wheels and tires and airbox. You just gotta remember its a truck not a race car. Although i catch myself smokin a ricer every once in a while. Lol.

#27 ·
I get around 15-16 mixed and I can get 18-19 on the highway at about 72-75mph. They go down about 1mpg in the winter.

before my mods I could never get better than 16hwy...you just have to keep you foot out of it and thats hard :)

#29 ·
A 800 mile round trip all highway running 70-72 mph driving like an old man taking off and stopping, I got 21.2 mpg hand calculated by me and twice by my unbelieving step-dad passenger who is a dmax owner for life. I have stock everything correct air pressure and good highway tires. Getting ready to put on a 4" turbo back to gain 1 or so mpg's. Normal everyday driving I get around 17mpg's which I'm OK with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.