Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Where to find the factory keyless entry code on 08 F350??

37K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  rollininmy64 
#1 ·
Hey guys my buddy bought a 08 F350 Harley and he is trying to find the factory key code to set his own code for the door. Ford wants like 60 bucks to do it. Just wondering if it is on the truck handy somewhere??

#3 ·
Ya he bought the truck used so there is no card. Just wondered if the code is stamped somewhere on the truck??

#4 ·
eesh, i dont think so...how long ago did he buy it? maybe the dealer can do him a solid and look it up per vin at no charge?

maybe someone knows how to do the key pad deal without the old code.
bump for your buddy

#5 ·
Anybody know with out having to pay for 60bucks.

#6 ·
I bought my truck used, I called the service department of the dealer it was purchased from and they were able to look it up.

If you call in and they wont do it, then keep on calling and asking different service reps because someone will probably do it.

#7 ·
look in the passanger side kick panel if its not all ready been removed i was told you would find it there.
mine was missing from there.
but 60 bucks that high the local ford dealer wanted 35 bucks to get mine. havent made it back there yet

#8 ·
i had to go to my dealer but the service manager wanted money and the tech guy there said #### that and just hooked his computer up to my truck and figured it out

#16 ·
Here it is from the Ford service manual:

"Vehicles equipped with a keyless entry keypad are programmed with a factory set 5-digit entry code. This code is provided to the customer on a wallet card in the Owner Literature package. In addition, this code is available through the use of a scan tool, and is printed on the SJB label located on the back side of the module (installed position). When entering codes, each digit must be entered within 5 seconds of the previous button press."

The SJB is the fuse/relay panel in the passenger side kick panel. You will need to unbolt it and flip it over - there should be a sticker on it with your code.:ford:

#17 ·
Here are the programming instructions:

"Programming a Personal Entry Code and Keypad Association to Memory Features (If Equipped)

NOTE: The system allows 3 personal codes to be programmed.

NOTE: Multiple personal codes can be programmed in one step. When programming multiple codes in one step, each code must be programmed by entering each button within 5 seconds of each other. If 5 seconds elapse between any button press, programming mode is exited.

NOTE: If only a single personal code is desired or unable to program multiple codes in one step, each personal code can be programmed individually by repeating Steps 1-5 for each code desired.

Enter the factory set 5-digit keyless entry keypad code.

Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button on the keypad to activate the programming mode.

Enter the new personal 5-digit keyless entry keypad code. Each number must be entered within 5 seconds of each other.

After entering the new personal code, press a 6th button to program each new code.

Pressing 1/2 stores the first personal code (if equipped with memory, this code is associated with driver 1 settings).

Pressing 3/4 stores the second personal code (if equipped with memory, this code is associated with driver 2 settings).

Pressing 5/6, 7/8 or 9/0 stores the third personal code, but does not associate the code with a memory setting.

The door locks lock and unlock to confirm the new code is programmed.

Erasing a Personal Entry Code

Enter the factory set 5-digit keyless entry keypad code.

Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button on the keypad and release.

Within 5 seconds, press and hold the 1/2 button for 2 seconds.

All personal codes are now erased and only the factory set 5-digit code works."

#18 ·
Did you find it yet?

#19 ·
Hey guys i kept calling and bugging them so much that they did it for free for meLOL They hooked the computer up and good to go. Thanks again guys

#21 ·
Bro I know exactly where u can find it its kinda hard to find but its there that's how I got mine its behind your compartment right below ur steering wheel there will b a white taped cord behind that u have to move the white insulation and there is a Lil black unit mounted on ur firewall ontop of that black box is the number its kinda tough but u really have to move that insulation fabric cuz its hard to see man if u have questions hit me up ill try to find where I found it OK good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.