Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

P0264 code... Cylinder 2 injector circuit low

31K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Ramblin'_Man 
#1 ·
I just replaced the UVCH's and I'm still getting the P0264 code when I do a buzz test or a KOEO test. What could be the possible causes? A bad solenoid? Bad #2 injector? The engine runs fine right now, no missing that I can notice.

#4 ·
Mike, I know it is kind of time consuming, but try swapping the injector into another hole, see if the problem follows the injector.

#5 ·
Check the resistance of that solenoid, and if it's the same as the others, swap it with another to see if the code follows.

If not, start pinning out the harness.

Dave

#6 ·
Ok guys... Thanks for the ideas. Since this isn't causing me problems right now, I think I'll wait for spring(warmer weather :D) and then try swapping injectors/solenoids and see how things go from there.

Dave, can the solenoids be swapped without pulling the injector? Or will I have to go the route Andy mentioned, pulling the whole injector?

#7 ·
you can swap a solenoid without removing the injector.

chances are it is not a bad solenoid, though.

We have an inductance meter, with which we use to check the solenoids... and we have maybe seen 4-5 bad solenoids in the past 5-6 years...tens of thousands of injectors worth.

It is possibly a bad solenoid, and maybe worth swapping on another solenoid for comparison, but we have seen high internal resistance, on the MOSFET drivers within an IDM create similar "bad solenoid" scenarios...so maybe try another IDM if the solenoid swap doesn't fix things.

...or it could be that the armature to solenoid clearances are not 'correct' on that particular injector creating a higher current flow through the IDM...

HEUI's are such lovely little things...

take care~

Dave

#8 ·
I had heard that the chance of an injector solenoid going bad was fairly slim. If I can swap one without pulling the injector, I will try that first. Actually, I think I'll just ohm all the solenoids first and see how they compare. What is the desired ohmic value of the injector solenoids?

#9 ·
I can't recall correctly what the ohm value is of a good solenoid, sorry.

But the single bad solenoid that I've found was all black and melted underneath when I took it off, externally it looked fine.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.