Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

No start hot 6.0

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  kilohertz 
#1 ·
New hpop/ipr/icp/injectors starts and runs when cool all this was installed 3 days ago truck is still in the shop because of the hot start issue anybody have any ideas

#2 ·
Stand pipes.

#6 ·
03's and early 04's don't have dummy plugs or STC fittings - if he happens to have one of those model years. I realize that the odds are that it is an 05 or up, but it would be nice to know for sure. An o-ring could have been cut when installing the oil rail, etc.

So you are saying after all that work it will start cold, but not hot, AND that is what it went into the shop for originally?

Has anyone done an air pressure leak test?

#12 ·
Take it to a different shop. They obviously do not know how to diagnose 6.0's if you have to ask us. x2 on the air test. But you can leave the IPR hooked up to 12v longer than a minute. I have left them on for 24hrs+ and there were no issues, although I would not recommend more than maybe 10-15min. The air test will tell you where your leak is so the problem can actually be solved.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.