Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Welding Truck pics

188K views 90 replies 35 participants last post by  coupenasty 
#1 ·
theres pictures of all other trucks around, i figured we should get a little gallery of welding rigs goin. heres a couple I've collected.

See less See more
#40 ·
nah, that was before i put them on. theres leads running beneath the bed to that box. the bed is grounded and i have a tweco connection the the isolated upper reel for positive. once i pull the cable out, i hook up the tweco and its ready to go. all these other canadian companies wanted $500 + for an isolated reel, and they didn't have the capacity of mine. i spent $80 on all the pillow blocks and each reel holds a little over 250' of 1/0 cable.

#43 ·
yup. we'd be on top of the tanks and watch the storms roll in. had just enought time to get everything together to jump in the truck and sit there while it poured. every single day.

Ford7.3sd - I lived in Naples while i was down there.

#44 ·
Gosh all those truck make me so dam# jelous! Im stuck on a power plant now. I hate well i dont hate but would rather enjoy welding with my own rig and stuff not having all the drama of a huge company. Nothing like welding 9 chrome in texas, and in arkansas for bs pay!!! I need to get a rig!

#47 ·
i was in middle school when they made the new airport.. lol an where at in naples?

#49 ·
NOW YOU'RE TALKING!! This is my kind of forum......... Now, if my wife will show me how to upload phots I'll show you my "work truck" that gets shamppoed EVERY WEEKEND. Even built my own washbay here at my shop to keep the grubby carwash brushes away!

#54 ·
Hawker,

Yea there was alot in it. He would come by the shop and walk in I would ask "So what we going to order today?" John is a cool dude;)

He had a Duramax just as loaded got tired of it ordered a 2008 F450 got tired of waiting on it bought a 2007 MegaCab 4x4 custom leather seats, stereo, exhaust, intake, stack programmer, built clutch had it about 8 months drove by Ford they had that 08 F450 on the lot. Bought it on the spot came right over to see me and started ordering stuff.

We had to custom some parts of the lift because nobody made F450 stuff. We took the pitman arm off he took it cut it on a band saw flipped it to get a better angle, welded it back then Xrayed it and brought it to us haha. The front and rear springs are custom built.

We loaded 3K lbs of pipe caps in the bed to test the springs to see how much rear lift we needed for the springs. He picked the truck up and was taking it back to the yard after that. Left the caps in the truck for a couple days. Lady pulled in front of him slammed the brakes and that 3K lbs went right through the front of the bed and into the cab. I think it was $5K just to fix the cab and he just scrapped the bed since he was building the new one anyway:eek:

#55 ·
Just so ya know I aint Bullchittin here is my truck in front of the same shop

He was even kind enough to let me use his sand, sandblaster, and mexican for a project of mine...

This is him in the crane

#81 ·
yeh the pipeliners we had up here in pa from texa all had brand new trucks. we did alot of the maintinence on them. they told us its a new truck every 2 years max....

#64 ·
saw these posted over on a local diesel forum. Guess the guys dad built the body and stuff for this truck. Not a fan of the truck its on but super nice body by the looks of it. Make the wheel wells a little bigger and put it on a brand new F550 with some 22.5's and... :drool:

dang sure must be nice lol

#66 ·
on one hand, ya gotta commend the guy, assuming he worked hard, and deserves what he gets. but on the other, you just wanna kick his a$$ for dropping money like that. just because you yourself can't, and may never be able to. but hey, that might just be me LOL

#70 ·
Where/how do you guys get into this work?
I'm getting laid off as an instrument tech from a refinery(closing), but for a semi-taught welder, i do really well(GTAW and GMAW, i havent picked up a stick for a few years), and with some tutelage i think i can be even better.

#71 ·
do you guys rather 2wd or 4x4 im about to make my rig up and already have 2 trucks to use but i dont know what one to build the 2wd one is a dually regular cab but i dont wanna get stuck anywhere but it would be nice to have the extra space and stability of the dually the other is a regular cab long bed 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel what do you think?

#75 ·
If any offroad work is gonna be done, go ahead with the 4wd to be safe, if not stick with 2wd. If it winds up you need the 4wd or whichever you use, swap it over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.