Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Which Tubing bender / notcher

7K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  BRONCONUT 
#1 ·
-I just put a ProComp light bar on the front of the bronco.
-I need steps to assist getting the GF in/out and not tearing the bolster on my lightning seats.
-I want to also make a rear bumper with integrated Tire carrier.

So, with that info at hand. I bought some 1-1/2" tubing (0.125")

And I want to do some bends and notches them weld it all together. I am sure if I have the bender, I would be more included to take one some more tubing projects. But I am NOT looking to make a business out of this or do a ton od bending.

With that said, any suggestions? bender and notcher. Good point and and bad points

#3 ·
JD2 notchmaster for the notcher, there is a chinese knockoff off it as well, I have both as I wanted to modify it some.
I have a Protools 105hd that I converted to hydraulic with a 36" long ram (way longer then needed but it was on sale 1/2 price.)

one of these would probably be the next one but the JMR is up there as well ***ProBender Pro3 Bender $595 with 1-3/4 More!***! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

JMR is the same as the JD2 and Protools only he has a bunch of small details like bushings and bearings that make his more of a premium piece

I think hydraulics are a mandatory item, with a real ram rather then a air over cheap setup.
mine does 110° bends in one stroke in seconds

#6 ·
#8 ·
#11 ·
You are correct. Harbor Freight benders will kink the tube. YouTube search will reveal all kinds of methods to keep the tube from kinking. The one I like best is filling the tube with wet sand to avoid kinks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#10 ·
I've had a JD2 for at least a decade, I converted to hydraulics many years ago and it's awesome. But if you're just starting out with a few small projects, save some money and manual bend, it's not that hard. The only downside is that you have to bolt it to the floor one way or another. Or you could mount it in a receiver hitch of a truck. ;)

#13 ·
JD Squared hydraulic bender along with a JD KnotchMaster , knotch master is alright imo

#14 ·
tubing bender is easy enough to make. there are lots of diy plans on the net. The dies you will have to order unless you have machining capabilities.

notchers, if your doing just a small project you can torch it if your good with a torch.

notcher could be made pretty easy as well. there are some good diy stuff out there. I tend to make most of my own tools. If I ever find the time.

#15 ·
Just a short update. I bought the ProBender P3
It is more of the entry level one But it should be more than capable of doing what I need it to do.

It came in multiple pieces and does require some welding but ti took less than an hour to put together. Maybe down the road I will worry about painting it. Hopefully this summer I can use it to makes some steps and a bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.