Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What's the bungs in the exhaust?

27K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  powerstroke6.4 
#1 ·
Can someone help me out here I am about to do a straight pipe exhaust I am looking I have the options of deleting the bungs but idk what they are and if I delete them what will this do will it delete the ebp? I am sorry for all the questions I am new to these trucks.

#2 ·
no it wont delete ebp. what tuner are you going with? i think most if not all have the option of doing a bungless delete. its just to save a headache of removing seized sesnors from the old exhaust into the straight pipe. go bungless it will save some headaches.

#5 ·
Bungs or no bungs your getting a straight pipe. Straight pipe refers to no muffler or catalytic converter and such. You need to contact your dealer about your spartan and ask if you have tunes for bungs or not. I'm not up to date on the newest updates spartan has. Hope this helps

#7 ·
There threaded ports for the stock egt (exhaust gas temperature ) sensors. Some tunes have to have them, just cause that's the only reason, and some don't. You need to find out if you have tunes that work without them. Make sense?

#8 ·
The dpf pipe that is under your truck from the factory has three sensors in it. if you order a delete pipe with bungs you will thread those sensors into your delete pipe. if you order a bungless delete pipe you will not use the sensors and just tape the ends of the harnesses so they dont get dirt and such in them.

#11 ·
If you plan on deleting the dpf then yes you need a tuner. The point of the bungs is some tuners require them to still be plugged in. H&s and spartan don't require the sensors be plugged in so exhaust with bungs in it are not necessary for those 2 tuners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.