Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Wyotech pull truck?

8K views 63 replies 19 participants last post by  7.3psd97444 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the wyotech blairsville campus has or still has a pulling truck built and tuned by the students? I seen some vids on YouTube of their cummins but I didn't know if they still had it or a different one. I'll be attending starting June of this year. Pretty pumped.

#2 ·
im sorry......

#3 ·
about....?

#6 ·
exactly, all i got out of that school was a piece of paper saying i graduated. i have been out of that school for 2 years now and have yet to find a full time job working on vehicles. if you want do this as a career find a shop that will hire you and work there and get the experience. no one cares that you went there and graduated all they want is experience save yourself the $35,000 and don't go.

#5 ·
yeah they still have it, it was at all truck nationals in pa and it pulled in the clearfield county fair pulled about 270 iirc

#7 ·
Ok sweet thanks

#9 ·
if you want to go for it, i just wish i hadnt gone.

#10 ·
wyotech is a joke, i have a couple friends that went balls deep in wyotech and when they got out they couldn't poor piss out of a boot if you put the directions on the sole.... they ended up attending community colleges afterwards to get a degree and an education worth somthing

#11 ·
wyotech is a joke, i have a couple friends that went balls deep in wyotech and when they got out they couldn't poor piss out of a boot if you put the directions on the sole.... they ended up attending community colleges afterwards to get a degree and an education worth somthing
That is hilarious! Sig worthy for sure!

#13 ·
if your going to go to a tech school, let me recommend UNOH. im a student there and i love it here. also wyotechs truck is not student built, its all faculty and school from what i understand. UNOH has a student based Diesel Club that is building a 12v Mod class pull truck right now. definently come check out UNOH if you havent already.

#17 ·
Will do

#14 ·
I have a good buddy who spent four years at UNOH only to graduate and come back home to attend a community college because he had trouble finding work. Another buddy went to Whyspendmymoneytech, graduated, and is almost two years out and has yet to find a job related to his education. Just my 2 cents.

#15 ·
i have come to the conclusion that most trade schools are a joke.

#19 ·
My opinion in doing car audio for over 17yrs. No schooling or BS. Electroncis certs. ( Not that they are not good to have .. i guess but, more like too lazy. to take the tests.. )

I would find a local shop in your area, Go speak to the shop forman and tell him waht you want to do. Start old school, sweeping the floors, clean up ect. when you have nothing to do just sit and WATCH how the mechanics work and don't ask alot of questions and be annoying. Nothing worse than a kid who wants to learn that won't shut up with never ending questions.

Slowly but, surely you will start to get to do remedial work in a few years you will be a trainee and working on your own. 10 - 15yrs later you will look back and say I should have gone to college. LOL

#21 ·
I'll put my two sense in if you don't mind. I checked out several schools before i chose, and the only one that really sparked my interest was UNOH, I graduated in march of 2010 and did it happy that I had gone. Don't get me wrong, I learned more in the first 6 months on the job than I did in almost 2 years at school, but thats how any school is. I gained a basic understanding of a lot of things there, I was even president for the Diesel club mentioned above for a while until i started taking double classes and working 2 jobs. At that time we had a dodge 150 chassis that we set up a 24 valve to accept a p-pump that they were ready to put on, that may be the same motor.
But anyhow, those two years of school helped me get in the door to many places, I was offered jobs at Deere, Peterbilt, and a private trucking company right away, all i had to do was pick which one had the most to offer me. Any school is worth it, and many employers that I talked to were more anxious to give me a job because of it.

#22 ·
Thanks for the positive comment. I'm definately still goin to school.

#24 ·
Don't get discouraged about school. I'm currently at UTI and you get out of it what you put into it. But I also work at a Ford dealer and I learn just as much at work but the school is a good thing. Just don't be lazy and skate tgrrough and you will get your moneys worth!

#25 ·
Sure will im excited to go!

#26 ·
You have to put way too much in to get a little out... I paid $40g's for school. I was one of the top 3 in my class... One is a genset mechanic and travels all over CT, PA, MA, NY. Other went back to Columbia and is district field manager for Navistar of South America, and I turn wrenchs on anything that comes in the door, 92% 6.0's....

The way I see it as I paid $40g's to eat ramen for a year, hang out with some of the coolest people I have ever met and banged some prime women... All in all, I'd do it over again...

#27 ·
LOL nice man

#29 ·
haha yeah

#30 ·
here is a pic of the Wyotech pulling truck and from what i seen of the truck it looks nice but all in all am not really impressed by it

#33 ·
it has like 90% banks stuff on it as of last year in July

#34 ·
lmao

#35 ·
If I am not mistaking I think the only things that aren't Banks is the clutch, injectors, and exhaust.

#36 ·
To me that completely defeats the purpose of a technology school having a project truck. I would think that they would want to put some time into designing a few parts to show students how to be dynamic learners and not just machines that throw hard parts onto vehicles.....

#40 ·
not suprised that it has banks all over it. the light duty diesel program in PA is sponsored by banks.

#43 ·
Your correct, unfortunately.

#41 ·
You're really leading them in the wrong direction anyway by plastering Banks parts on it...

#44 ·
Hey guys little update here for the fun of it.

I just got back to Indiana from blairsville PA from doing a tour there at wyotech. I've heard all the negative and positive comments abou the school already so I don't need that again. Just wanted to say that in regards of the pull truck the tour guide told me that it makes 681hp @ wheels and 12xx lbs-tq. It's runnin a Industrial 72mm and pushing round 55 psi. Just recently at a pull took off and at bout 60feet it started hopping badly and snapped the input shaft. Which he didn't say that it was stock but sounds like the shafts were stock from his wording..."we upgraded to billet shafts and a new clutch" so maybe they weren't running billet before? And yes it's a stick. They said it last finished 5th out of bout 15 trucks that were 95% 800-1000hp. (again that's just what he said). And for tuning it's just got smarty tuning. Sounded really good for a cummins. Lol. But the place looked real good and I'm excited to start there end of june. Oh and they have a new project. Duramax 2 wheel drive drag truck on dot slicks. WHY CAN'T THEY BUILD UP A PSD?!?! LOL

#50 ·
Hey guys little update here for the fun of it.

I just got back to Indiana from blairsville PA from doing a tour there at wyotech. I've heard all the negative and positive comments abou the school already so I don't need that again. Just wanted to say that in regards of the pull truck the tour guide told me that it makes 681hp @ wheels and 12xx lbs-tq. It's runnin a Industrial 72mm and pushing round 55 psi. Just recently at a pull took off and at bout 60feet it started hopping badly and snapped the input shaft. Which he didn't say that it was stock but sounds like the shafts were stock from his wording..."we upgraded to billet shafts and a new clutch" so maybe they weren't running billet before? And yes it's a stick. They said it last finished 5th out of bout 15 trucks that were 95% 800-1000hp. (again that's just what he said). And for tuning it's just got smarty tuning. Sounded really good for a cummins. Lol. But the place looked real good and I'm excited to start there end of june. Oh and they have a new project. Duramax 2 wheel drive drag truck on dot slicks. WHY CAN'T THEY BUILD UP A PSD?!?! LOL
Not smart enough?? :confused: jk jk I hope you enjoy your time there and learn a lot!

#47 ·
I think its one of the light duty diesel class instrutors...when i was in the tour the kids frooded out of the classroom into the shop and all went to the puller. they had just got the tranny rebuilt and started it. It was one of the instructors in the driver seat messing with the smarty. So yeah i would say its one of the instructors.

Its a vrey cool shop inside. They had several Duramax's and 2 late model 7.3's on rolling crates that were startable. with everything on em: IC, Computer, exhaust and intake, ect. Also a locked box with a door and a gas pedal. in the locked box is a bunch of switches, about 20, that they can make certain sensors and things go wrong and the students have to figure out what is wrong. Really cool setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.