Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

twin turbo for 7.3

30K views 76 replies 20 participants last post by  powerstrokenstang 
#1 ·
does any one know any thing about long island diesel performances twin turbo or any body else make one or is it werth it
:fordoval:

#40 ·
yeah this is my daily driver its a 2000 f350 crew cab dually 2wd 6spd and i tow my skidsteer and a ton of other stuff i just wanted to try it because i have anoth 7.3 engine i want to build for a pulling truck as well as a twin turbo cummins chevy swap id love some pictures of your projects looking for more ideas

#44 ·
sorry faster never really was good at any of the typing,spelling,reading,etc lol :doh: but thanks alot for your help also the hx35 is way to small i am creating vacume on a small bost gauge i had on one of my cars and now i think its time to step up to the other turbo i have its a t46 cummins turbo this should be where i need to go. ;) i know im just kinda sticking turbo together but i need my truck driving again and kinda ran out of many right now so am using what i have what do you think about the t46?

#46 ·
compressor map? like how much cfm is it supposed to be pushing and stuff like that and for what turbo the hx35 or the t46 the hx35 also has over 380,000 miles on it. the main reason i put it on there is because i wanted to make all the tubing and the oil lines and once i got that all done i could slightly modify it for a bigger turbo but now that it works it oils and drains. and i dont have any leaks in the tubes i made im gonna try the t46 which is physically "sorry about the spelling" about twice the size im sure i will get a better result im not too worried about lag because its 6spd and i dont plan on racing just pulling my trailer and daily driving.

#59 ·
Well, since my first stage has a 6" inlet, I wouldn't worry about overdoing it with the one you've got. I think 90+mm is probably a good place to be on the first stage. You need to measure the inlet right at the wheel. That will be your inducer size for all intents and purposes. Sometimes compressor housings will have a large anti-surge casting and sometimes not. So measuring the ID right at the wheel is a good place to start.

My first stage compressor inlet is just under 3.5 inches at that point.
well once again I cant use what is laying around i guess so you guys are saying i need around a 90mm+ LP turbo?:doh:

#60 ·
Depends on the usage. For a performance oriented application yes. For DD/tow something smaller would work better.

Mine's an 88.

Something this size should be a good starting point:

#61 ·
Depends on the usage. For a performance oriented application yes. For DD/tow something smaller would work better.

Mine's an 88.
so do you think that t46 i have would work until i have enough cash for say an 80 or so? or bigger or even do you think it would be a pretty good towing set? i read some of your posts and I say your vary knowledgable sorry about spelling lol and i thank you and everyone for the great help and sorry if im kinda taking over the thread :blah::confused::bow:

#77 ·
must be a jason thingLOL. guess i walked into that. actually icould not remember how to get pressure ratios and went back through my pm's and found it and just thought it was funny. to late for excuses now though huh:poke:;). but i must say i was :eek:wned: on that one lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.