Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lucas Oil

51K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  cfherrman 
#1 ·
I know a lot of big rig truckers that swear by this stuff. But how does it work with our HEUI systems? I know the lucas is non foaming so that has to be good I would think for the old 7.3. Let me know if anyone of you have used it or use it.. thanks..

#3 ·
:popcorn: This could become a good fight. It is a love hate relationship. Some people love it and some hate it. I haven't used it yet, so I really don't have any idea, but I am going to watch the argument start. Let the show begin. :swordfight:

#4 ·
#7 ·
I use it in my dually and in my mud truck. My mud truck sits alot, it might set 2 weeks or so when i start it the oil psi is instant. I had a cam lobe wore off a while back and when I tore the motor down it had a stickyness to it and the motor was very clean on the inside. So is started using it in my sd. i like it.

#8 ·
If you look at the lucas oil additive in the white bottle it actually says not for use in powerstroke diesels right on it. If you get the full synthetic in the black bottle you can use it.

But I dont recommend ANY oil additives in a powerstroke. Just run quality oil and be done with it

#25 ·
If you look at the lucas oil additive in the white bottle it actually says not for use in powerstroke diesels right on it. If you get the full synthetic in the black bottle you can use it.

But I dont recommend ANY oil additives in a powerstroke. Just run quality oil and be done with it
I have a gallon of Lucas oil stabilizer white bottle right in front of me and it says will not void warranty. It says no were on the bottle that it can not be used in powerstroke . I have been running lucas scince since 2004 in my powerstroke 6.0 and beet the heck out of it. And never had any major problems. All my buddy's with 6.0 have all issues with there's. Not sure if it's the lucas but I will always use it.

#11 ·
why do they suggest only running the synthetic lucas in psd's?i've run the regular white bottle stuff in mine since 2000 and no problems.i looked today and the white bottles dont say not to use in psd,but a older bottle i have does say to use the syn version.just curious

#14 ·
Yeah I did see "not for use on Powerstroke diesel engines" on the back of the white bottle also.

#15 ·
I work at a dealer for Lucas stuff. If your talking about the oil stabilizer, it is not recommended for powerstrokes. The synthetic stabilizer is what Lucas recommends for strokers.

I'm not pushing either way, just what I've run across.

#20 ·
#23 ·
Well I have since changed my oil to Amsoil 5W30 Series 3000 and LOVE IT. Truck drives so much better. I did the engine flush prior to putting it in and WOW.. So much quieter, and a lot crisper throttle response. As well I gained 150 km/tank. This was my first time running synthetic on an engine that has 195 000 km's.

#24 ·
Here is a UOA report on a virgin sample of Lucas (white bottle). It is nothing but a viscosity improver. That is why 1800joedaddy noticed the pressure increase. There are no other additives - it will simply increase the viscosity to a 50 weight oil ( or higher - depending on the mixture ratio) when added. It also can foam in the HEUI injection system. Resulting in a possible erratic idle until warming up to normal operating temps or foaming with higher HP applications since the oil's additive package does not contain any additional anti-foaming agents to compensate for the change in oil characteristics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.