Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

P0611 code ?

56K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bismic1 
#1 ·
Father in law has a '04 Excursion that pulled a P0611 code today. Hooked up Auto Enginity today because he said it was acting up. Basically it sounds like it going to shut off and does it a couple of times real qiuk. then stops. Sounds like the injectors stop working. The rpm's don't change when this happens. He said it has been doing this for awhile now. The code is for the fuel injection control module. If it is bad should it not work at all? Where is it located on the truck? How much does a new cost? Is this a dealer only part? I know it is alot of questions ,but he is going on a trip next week and I'm helping with a few things to get it ready for the trip.

#2 ·
P0611 FICM Fuel injector control module performance Internal FICM failure
This is caused from weak or bad batteries must get new ones or have them fully charged then load tested if over 3-4years old get new ones also heat kills the ficm it sets in a bad place for heat.
The price of a new ficm around $1100 or you can have your rebuilt at BPD Repair Ford FICM Module for $300
or--- FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair (my pick) or here
6.0 DIESEL POWERSTROKE FORD FUEL INJECTOR CONTROL MODULE FICM F250-550 ECONOLINE | eBay
Info here http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6.0L_FICM_Guide.pdf
and here http://swampsdiesel.com/site/installation_instructions/pdf_instructions/FICM_Voltage_Testing.pdf
Testing the FICM
I hard wired a Battery Tender Plus into the passerengerside battery had to get new nuts and bolts because the stock ones get screwed up removing then when it set for a long time i just plug it in they come with 2 sets one a clip and the other to hard wire then i just set it up by the AC unit plug in close the hood, keeps them charged at 100% all the time when it sets.
***12 VOLT BATTERY TENDER PLUS BRAND NEW STOCK 220128* | eBay
2 stroker

#3 ·
Had many six liters come in the shop with bad ficms. I have personally used FICMrepair.com with great results and all trucks still running flawlessly. 195 for the repair with 45 day warranty. Price goes up for longer warranty. A new FICM is 453 from a non sponsor. That's an oem FICM as well. Pm me if you would like the link.

#4 ·
If the FICM is bad would it act this way randomly? Doesn't look to bad in the video to get at. Also the batteries are fairly new, but the truck sits alot. I think he has a battery charger that you can load test with. It only has around 75000 mile on it. Hell he just put new tires on it this week and that was because they where getting dry rotted. Still looked like it had good tread left on the stock tires.

#5 ·
Its the FICM. If you dont replace it it WILL strand you.

#6 ·
It will act up randomly and like mentioned above its going to leave him stranded. I got 0611 codes for six months before mine bit the dust. My price for a half shell at ford is 395 bucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.