Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel pressure/test port

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  wedge542 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone know right off hand, on a 2004 6.0 what is the type and size adapter needed to use in the test port on the engine mounted secondary fuel filter housing, to attach a fuel pressure gauge sending unit? I'd like to go ahead and buy the parts, so I can just take it apart and do it all at once, and not have to find a ride to run me all over town looking for parts. I have the blue spring regulator upgrade, but I'm getting a code that says Injector Control Pressure Low (or something worded along those lines) so I need to check it at all throttle levels.

#3 ·
Oh, ok on the ICP. I should have known that! As much as I've learned about sticking injectors and that they work on oil pressure, etc... Guess I'm losing my mind in my old age...ha ha

#4 ·
And thanks for the links as well.

#6 ·
why the 40 buck piece,,,the adapter alone screws into the housing then the sender without all that extra line laying across the motor,wires,other hoses maybe shorting out stuff or rubbing holes in things,or is there more to that line and tee setup
My understanding is to limit the amount of vibration the sensor receives being off of the engine.

#8 ·
No difference in pressure. Take a good look at the sender. See the size. Do you want that hanging on the fuel bowl and vibrating? I think not.
I believe that the sender may touch the rad hose as well.

#9 ·
does anyone know for a fact it will touch the rad hose, theres several sensors on,around this engine, all right on this engine with vibrations going on,,id be more worried about the vibrations on that 40 dollar hose than a sensor,whats that sensor weigh 6oz tops with a wire on it,,i was asking to see if another reason to use that high dollar setup to make presure work,if not 8 bucks looks better,on paper anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.