Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hot Shot Secret

33K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  roowourld 
#1 ·
Anyone have information on this oil additive product to help sticking injectors?

#2 ·
Seen it on the 7.3L forum of FTE a few times about a year and a half ago. Didn't see many repeat buyers after the initial interest. IIRC it ran about $50 a bottle right? It did pop up on the 6.0L forum, but I do not recall the general census or opinions.

Not much info on the technical data sheet:

http://www.hotshotsecret.com/Assets/Hss%20Tech%20data.pdf

#4 ·
I would like to see an oil analysis from a Powerstroke running it so we can get an idea what additives are in it and how it affects the oil properties.

#8 · (Edited)
I have ran 1 cleaning cycle with HSS. Ran it in my 7.3L for 5K miles. Now! Mined U, I bought my PSD with 255K miles on her. Mostly Highway Miles and alot of well site idle. The company that I bought the truck from, did very little maintance to the truck... The mechanic told me he changed the oil around the 7500 mark, depending when the driver had time to bring it in. Also he told me they had just installed new injectors 1k miles ago. Ok.. I took it too my mechanic, he went over the whole truck... Turbo was still making good boost, compression in all cylinders looked good. The transmission is very tired. Will have to replace it, in due time. Anyway. I came across HSS, some how can't remember. At that time everyone was still working and money was not an issue... I ordered a 64oz bottle. For my summer oil change, I poured it in, with 3gals of Delvac 15W-40. I tryed to keep track of how the 7.3L reacted but my notes are kinda spotty with the kids Kool-aid stains and Choc Milk.. I noticed around the 500 mile mark after the oil change, the throttle response started to improve. {It seemed too}. Around the 1200 mile mark, the 7.3L really began to start faster or easier depending how you want to call it. Around the 3K mile mark we took the truck on a small highway trip-{200miles}pulling our 32ft Jayco 5th wheel. During this summer trip... The wife even noticed the 7.3L idled smoother as well as quieter... If she notices? Something is happening. Also the throttle respose just seemed to get better as the miles added up. The wife drove the 7.3L back home for the first 50 to 70 miles and asked me what I had done to the truck and how much it cost? And was kinda pissed that i hadnt told her. I explained about the HSS. She was shocked but impressed. I thought it was money well spent. Now!
I don't have any UOA or Dyno results to prove any Hp Gains or Torque Gains, I could careless about that. I just know what i heard and felt. Will it work for others the same way? I have No Idea. The 7.3L has over 278K miles on her now, and seems to be running strong.
I did call the company and told them about my experience with HSS and they were very greatfull for me trying their new product and sent me a free 64oz bottle of HSS... Which I will pour in for my up coming summer oil change. Very Good People and Company to deal with.

Here is my thoughts... My 7.3L was not well maintained... I'm sure it had some buildup within the oil system, I beleive this product did some cleaning, maybe alot... I didn't tear down the motor to look. But from the before and after behavior of just the way the 7.3L idled and drove. This product restored some of the internal parts to better working order. IMHO.
$50 dollars is alot for HSS... I would say, if you have great maintanance habits on your 7.3L or 6.0L chances are u wont see or feel any benifit from HSS. But I my case? I did... Will I continue to use It? I dought it, as clean as todays oils keep the inside of motors. I really see know need for it. If U dont have good oil changing habits? I would say give it a try.

I just wish I could drive a new 7.3L to give me something to compare it too.
Mind U: This is all my honest opinion.

#12 ·
I guess those that never try it, will never know.

I did have a VOA ran on my free bottle that I received. This product is loaded with 3 major dispersant/ detergant additives and one High Pressure additive.

Once I add a single oil by-pass system... I will try their Blue Diamond 5W-40 synthetic oil.

#13 ·
Was Antimony the high pressure additive?

#14 ·
Have hss in mine now with almost 4k on it. put it in before i ran down to Fla and back. seems to have smoothed out the idle. i could easily pull a sample to send out for analysis

#15 ·
have stiction on my 2003 f 550 6.0 and have hss in the engine currently . it does not seem to be doing any good engine has no codes on the scan tool and idles rough. idled engine for about 4 hours no change pressure to injectors good egr good just rough idle no power when in gear. used revex a while ago with same symptoms and cleared almost immediately .
unfortunately revex is not readily available locally and has to be ordered online and I decided to try hss as it is on store shelves locally. no luck ordered revex and will dump out new oil and hhs . also noted same active ingredients in archoil ar9100 but again no retail supply has to be ordered online. from what I'm gathering from boards hss is a cleaner and archoil and revex are lubricants . so I will try to idle the hss a bit more and hope it cleans the engine . still a lot of money to clean the engine when you consider cost of hss 16 qts oil and filter . overall not satisfied with hss and see if they honor their money back guarantee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.