Glow plug controller location? - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > F-250 & F-350 1986-1997 & Other Ford Trucks > 6.9 - 7.3L IDI Diesels 83-93 Model Years
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Haztanker
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Re: Glow plug controller location?

Time for an update: No power to the controller = the guys that put the engine in neglected to connect the power cable to the stud on the solenoid, when the engine that was installed was removed from the donor truck they cut the cable, it appeared to be connected, hook power up and presto,the controller works. Problem, when I made it work one of the glow plug was fubar and cooked the lead going to it, lucky I scored a glow plug harness from a guy that bought an engine from the local salvage yard. I bought a set of new Bosch GP's off Ebay for $29 shipped (should have them in a few days), with the harness and the new plugs we have it licked I think.
Thank you for all of your support to solve this, I'll post an update when the new plugs are in.
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 12:02 PM
tjctransport
just an old fart
Member's Gallery

i would send those bosch glow plugs back if you can, or just throw them in the garbage without putting them in and install a set of these.
7.3 Liter Diesel Motorcraft Glow Plugs - Ford 7.3 Liter Diesel Motorcraft Glow Plug

this will save you the aggravation of changing them in a few weeks when the bosch glow plugs burn out.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Haztanker
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

It finally was cold enough (40*) to test the repaired GP system, key on WTS light on, off, turn to start from on and it lit straight away! No more blinking WTS after it is running, runs smooth right away too.
Thanks to everyone for the help, I put the Bosch GP's in anyway, I guess they'll do until they don't.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Haztanker
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Alright! It has been in the high 20's this morning (somewhat of a cold snap for so fla) and the truck hasn't been started for a week, key on-WTS light-WTS off- hit starter lit straight away!!
I'd say this is a winner, thanks again to everyone for all the help

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 46
00PSD, 04La4iat, 1993_F350_2013, 69800, 94idi, a1953mdl, abr, Blynch, Bockhold, briggs60, Bsimons, Chad Edwards, Cheeze, Clarkestrong, Da Oops, davejones, deathwishracer, dieselman, Drzronnie, FastCars, flmeade, gatormccluskey, greenmachine92, hawkeye, Haztanker, Issacdilldine, j007, jefsred350, jhyder408, Kevinoffroad4x4, lep, livnlarge4now, matt_m73, Militaryman4455, oldschool, pstroke96, redtop_travis, RMutz27, sga6.0l, silverslug, sparkey75, strokerjoker, SWVa, tobiasgraham, tribalzero, ZOSO