1995 F250 Oil Leak - Page 4 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > F-250 & F-350 1986-1997 & Other Ford Trucks > 1994-1997 Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Aaron Ford
97 OBS PSD
Member's Gallery

Re: 1995 F250 Oil Leak

Thats the EBPV actuator blowing oil under the exhaust side of the turbo. If you look at the pics, it is certainly in line with it. Mine did this and had me baffled. It blows the oil out with enough pressure that it ends up in line with the actuator shaft, but the actuator itself is clean. Heat from the pedestal will thin the stuff enough that it runs off or is burned off. Mine finally had to fail completely to see it. It got so bad I was losing a quart a day. From what I understand from the PO, it had been doing this for years. I gutted the ebpv and actuator to solve the problem. Place a piece of paper (or something similar) over the hole where the shaft comes out of the actuator and you should see evidence.

HTH

Aaron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Truck207
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by robp823 View Post
How severe is it leaking???Enough to roll down the hole in the back of the block and look like a rear main seal leak??? It looks like at the high pressure oil line where it goes into the head you might have a leak.Also check your EBPV to see if its spewing out of that.You could also be sucking oil through the breather and it could be spewing out your MAF hose.My advice, 5-10 cans of brake clean, a really good drop light, and start the truck and sit and watch.
The leak isn't really bad, but if I leave it running in one spot for a little bit, I can see a couple drops on the ground. From what I can tell is, it is running down the drain hole and then it goes down the side of the oil pan and then drips off the bottom of the pan.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Truck207
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Ford View Post
Thats the EBPV actuator blowing oil under the exhaust side of the turbo. If you look at the pics, it is certainly in line with it. Mine did this and had me baffled. It blows the oil out with enough pressure that it ends up in line with the actuator shaft, but the actuator itself is clean. Heat from the pedestal will thin the stuff enough that it runs off or is burned off. Mine finally had to fail completely to see it. It got so bad I was losing a quart a day. From what I understand from the PO, it had been doing this for years. I gutted the ebpv and actuator to solve the problem. Place a piece of paper (or something similar) over the hole where the shaft comes out of the actuator and you should see evidence.

HTH

Aaron
This may be a dumb question, but which part is the EBPV? Also, how would I go about fixing it/gutting EBPV? If you could let me know, that would be great.

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Truck207
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Bump....
Old 04-03-2009, 06:44 PM
rollingthunder
Heath
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck207 View Post
This may be a dumb question, but which part is the EBPV? Also, how would I go about fixing it/gutting EBPV? If you could let me know, that would be great.

Thanks for your help!

EBPV (exhaust back pressure valve) It is under\behind the turbo on the passenger side. The vavle is bolted to your turbo and there is a rod on the bottom side that runs to an acctuator that is part of the pedestal. To gut it you need to pull the pedestal cut and weld some stuff up. Or you can get a ped without the EBPV. You really don't need it--Some dumb idea by Ford! You just need to be decent at welding to seal up the Oil passages.

Some one here or FTE had a write up with some pics that showed it clearly
A-1000 fuel w\Reg return
Warrne 175\30's
Old 04-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Truck207
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

OK. Thank you for your info rollingthunder. Where would be the best and cheapest place to buy an actuator seal repair kit? Would this kit solve my leak, if it is leaking from the EBPV actuator?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Stumppullin
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Go to Powerstrokehelp.com... this guy talks about all these stuff. He says the real main seal... almost never ever a problem. Check out his vid's... very very smart wrench man.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 118
1995f350, 2+2, MN, 2000dually, 250turbo, 95nkystroker, 95strokin, 97F250 HD, Aaron Ford, ADubDiesel, allegheny, Allister73, alumguy, bassrippin365, Believer45, bert, Big Bore, bigblevins, BigTXForddiesel, Black Beauty 7.3, bmorervns20, bnbdiesel, Bradbilt, bryan rittenhouse, Bugman, cajun powerstroker, cantrellc123, CCF350, Coalroller, Copperhead, cowboy_dan, crew991, crowz, ctoney063, daddystoy, dellwas, Denver, dilligaf, dutchymount2, fastmust88, firefighterbam, fixithud, ford2go, FordF250Stroker, Goodbar419, halerazor, have12, heavydutyexpert, helo1, Holleran, JeepPuller, joedaddy, Jprejean, jrbrock, jrlax5, KansasStroker, kbrown04, kenslandscaping, kip4234, KMurakami, knuckleduster271, kramarj, kurtfromct, L10, lmcl123, m-4, macgyver5150, mcdad1979, meflamout, midwestman, mojoman, MOstroker, nadekeys, Nick spends, NoahA, noshoes, oght6, oinkinc, Papaq, pappa b's powerstroke, Paulpolar600, pitcrew, ploughboy, powerstrokefarmboy, psdmike, qcfarmer, redpower, RNRacing, robp823, Roenicke95stroker, rollingthunder, rolsmojave3, s4dustin, San Antonio 78, sparksrides350, square1, star73, stroke it out, StrokerTurbo7.3, Strokin450, Stumppullin, superm, texascamber, The Fireman, tls390, ToddZ, toolmangary, tre_g04, Truck207, tyler731, WayneT, wds1279, woodduck97, wp1117, yzdude250f, z281le, zilla68, zman18b