Injector control pressure too low - engine cranking - Page 4 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.4L Power Stroke - Aftermarket & Performance
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 AM
POWERSTROKER
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: Injector control pressure too low - engine cranking

What is your fuel level when this is happening???

I have been replaceing alot of faulty fuel senders on 08+ 6.4's dues to them reading incorrectly, the gauge may read 1/8 to 1/4 tank but in reality your dam near empty so you suck up air and it gets into the hp fuel system and causes (most commonly) P0087, P0088, and P2291. Not saying this is your problem, just a possibility.

Also, after you bleed the LP side and its free of air and you move onto the HP side, after you have cycled the key a few times for 20-30 sec, start the truck and let it RUN with the HP line still disconnected untill it is flowing a steady stream of fuel thats free of air. however unless you have the bleed tool from ford you will not remove 100% of the air from the HP fuel system, the rest will have to work itself out on the test drive.

And typically (not always) when a HPFP is going out, once you drive the truck for a few miles and get things warmed up, it fill fall on its face if you try to accelerate past 1/2 throttle and run just fine under 1/2 throttle.

CCV Mod
knn intake
banks exhaust
banks power elbo
banks turbo housing
big head waste gate-disconnected
Tuning by Gearhead Automotive Performance
4 gauge pod with DiPricol pyro, boost, trans temp, HPOP
http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 01:54 PM
zabeard
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSTROKER View Post
What is your fuel level when this is happening???

I have been replaceing alot of faulty fuel senders on 08+ 6.4's dues to them reading incorrectly, the gauge may read 1/8 to 1/4 tank but in reality your dam near empty so you suck up air and it gets into the hp fuel system and causes (most commonly) P0087, P0088, and P2291. Not saying this is your problem, just a possibility.

Also, after you bleed the LP side and its free of air and you move onto the HP side, after you have cycled the key a few times for 20-30 sec, start the truck and let it RUN with the HP line still disconnected untill it is flowing a steady stream of fuel thats free of air. however unless you have the bleed tool from ford you will not remove 100% of the air from the HP fuel system, the rest will have to work itself out on the test drive.

And typically (not always) when a HPFP is going out, once you drive the truck for a few miles and get things warmed up, it fill fall on its face if you try to accelerate past 1/2 throttle and run just fine under 1/2 throttle.

it hasnt been below a half tank since i pulled the cab

i tired to let it run with that line disconnected, ha, that didnt work out too well without that tool. what a mess.

mine does not fall on its face at full or any part of throttle, its too busy spinning the tires and throwing me back in the seat.

1997 F350 CCLB 4WD Auto. Basics 4" Exhaust and 6637 filter.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
zabeard
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzchey21 View Post
Thats what i would do, i just dont see how it would just start to air lock now that the cab has been off, to me that seams like something from the cab off.
i think you may have been right all along. after doing what i said yesterday it didnt have any air in the lp side late last night or early this morning. so i decided to drive it to work. i am going to check the lp side each time before i start it. if i continue to get fuel and no air i think it might have finally bled all the air out. i really hope so.

we will see after a few days.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:28 AM
danbonzo
PSN Tool
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
i think you may have been right all along. after doing what i said yesterday it didnt have any air in the lp side late last night or early this morning. so i decided to drive it to work. i am going to check the lp side each time before i start it. if i continue to get fuel and no air i think it might have finally bled all the air out. i really hope so.

we will see after a few days.
Good luck man
Old 09-23-2010, 12:07 PM
zabeard
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

well that proved out not to work, it wouldnt run after sitting 8 hours at work. so im back to square one. ha this diesel diagnostics stuff sucks.

I would really like to take it in and have someone else look over it. I am probably missing something really silly.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Pahrump
Super Fukin Duper
Member's Gallery

Seal in the HPFP.......

Oh I said that already...I apologize
Old 09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
tsatrooper
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

you said you took the 2 low pressure lines-return off at the hpfp right? those fittings at the hpfp are bad about backing out when you take the fuel line caps loose. your supposed to use a back up wrench but they are hard to get to. if these are loose and not torqued back into the pump right, you will get air in the fuel system, just you are describing.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Dzchey21
WWDD
Member's Gallery

If its not something that you can figure out let me know, i will ship you my modded pump and you can try that and see if it helps you out any, and ill take your stocker as a core.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:50 PM
zabeard
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahrump View Post
Seal in the HPFP.......

Oh I said that already...I apologize
ha yeah, its about all i have left! i havent been trying to ignore you. i just hate for it to be that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsatrooper View Post
you said you took the 2 low pressure lines-return off at the hpfp right? those fittings at the hpfp are bad about backing out when you take the fuel line caps loose. your supposed to use a back up wrench but they are hard to get to. if these are loose and not torqued back into the pump right, you will get air in the fuel system, just you are describing.
really? i was unaware. could very well be that. guess its time to pull the cab. i am about ready to anyway and replace all the seals. trouble is if i do all of that i may as well replace the pump. agree?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:50 PM
zabeard
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzchey21 View Post
If its not something that you can figure out let me know, i will ship you my modded pump and you can try that and see if it helps you out any, and ill take your stocker as a core.
are you serious? wont i need an airdog to run with the modded pump? i am thinking about pulling the cab this weekend. i may take you up on the offer.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 199
00powersmoke, 02BigD, 02POWERSTROKE7.3, 076.0, 08psdbeast, 08Smoker, 08SUPERKING, 08twinturbo, 09F350rmk, 2006nytro, 2008 f350, 350 Stupid Duty, 4x4freak, 6.0 p-stroke, 6.0 stoke, 6spdcr, 7.3PowerStroke, 74bronco, 907DAVE, 96sourstroke, aircooled, ant250, BarrySmith, BCB, benbou00, Berrybr2, Bigdiezel, bigharleyb, bigmick, Blcksmk08, Blk350on20s, Blow-n-Smoke, Blowby, blowinsmoke02, Blown95svt, bnmccoy, bobcat67, boots1219, brett209, BROCKDIESELDUDE, Bushwakd, cbrxxcess, Chad Edwards, cmns2500, co04cobra, Cody6405, Commonrailkiller, corediesel, coryjones, danbonzo, daveslawn, dazed01, dbarnett42, ddjaxn, diesel71, dieselman64, dirtymech, dmdiesel, DPS0925, drservo, dusty9, Dzchey21, eleventhtruck, erikclaw, Erle385, EvilTwins, f-450coalroller, fbilly420, firett, forcefed6.4ford, fordnut74, fordpowerf450, FordSuperDuty05, georgia diesel, ghostrw, GMAN1, gmanhonda24, greaseltn, Hawgleg, hemlock1973, hoosierdiesel, hotrodstones, InnovativeDiesel, irontx25, Jalopy Joe, jdgleason, jdmathes074, je5689, Jeff @ Spartan, Jetfxr, jhaddox, joec410, joestroo, jonnysteals, JuststrokeIT, keep'erpinned, KIMMER, Klutch, KR69IDI, KTP\MW, Lawrencejeff, lcford, lildevil02, lubeowner, MADMAN36, markm, markt, Marty, Matt05, maverick347, medicmiles, metripod67, Michael5126, middlemanjw, Mike-n-md, Mike@MPD, MilehighEX, Monstar, MrMike06, muchi56, N2Lake, Nadler, NEBR99.5 OIL BURNER, nitro66, Nos_GTSR, O2ShootTheJ, oh-ate6.4PSD, OOWeaver68, Pahrump, PDEMICH, pog, PokinDaPower, Powerstroke08, powerstroke586, powr2stroke, PSDPlayer, ptm22, QuickSilver74, Ran '07, RazorsEDGE, red_93_l, Rmartin-97, Rodriguez62991, Rollincoal97, rpm-inc, Rubenk, Rudy's Diesel Performance, RWRandal, ryanv, S.M.D.P., semomotorsports, simmy952, skippy, smalltown6.4, smokin joe, smorris, snieto08, SootRoller, SouthFlstrokin', squig_2000, Steinbrenner, Stock64, stroked99_1/2, stroker1994.5, Strokin_4_life, Super_Duty08, THEDIESELMAN, thepapabear55, tlbailes, Tom Dually, tommyboy#1, toolmangary, TripleE44, tsatrooper, tsedsell, turbom700, TxFireman1972, TylerDurden, USMC_SKID KID, WasGas, weekendwarriorfsw32, White_monster, wicked_four_play, wildstang3, WoodBoy, Woody35, wvpowerstroke, xSmokyx, younggun55, zabeard, Zach Towns, zx800x