Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

herculiner the entire truck??

26K views 72 replies 24 participants last post by  FordXtreme 
#1 ·
i have a 96 dually ext cab 4x4 auto that has some cab damage and a handful of scratches... i do not think it is work spending the money on a nice paint job....so why not bed line the entire thing?? i know it would fade eventually...but it would help with protecting from rust and also scratches.

let me know what you think.... I'm thinking pretty hard about this one.

Calvin

#34 ·
i had an 89 toyota 4 runner in high school and i painted the entire thing with the spray on bedliner and it turned out well it was no show stopper but it stopped the rust and held up pretty well and i just used the cheap chit from advance auto i believe

#36 ·
ahh man...the cab damage is brutal....

it looks like someone took a freakin back hoe to the top of my truck.
Im not sure what happend to it...happend to the original owner (i was told) and im the third. The corners of the cab up by the rear window are all crunched in too. I took a jack from the inside when i got the truck and now it looks a little better. I dont think it was rolled...wouldnt the cab be pretty crunched....to where i couldnt open doors...or even sit in it lol.

Calvin

#38 ·
no paint's gonna flatten wrinkled fenders... kinda like them fat girls sportin those slim suits

I'd like to see a bed liner truck-- Thing from the fantastic four! lol

#66 ·
I like this idea. How durable is the paint job? I'll do my obs black if its worth it. :D

#53 ·
That's fine. The opinion is yours alone.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."
– Douglas Adams

You go ahead and stay in your universe where you believe the car is completely destroyed or damaged irreparably and everyone else who disagrees with you can get this thread back on track.

#54 ·
Macco sucks around here anyway... and Brad, I dont care what the top of my truck looks like.... and I wasnt going to bedline it to hide anything really....just thought it would look kind of cool.

And mankole....who said my fenders were wrinkled lol

Anyway...maaco is not an option...and bedliner is sounding more less of an option. Good thing i know a few paint guys i guess.

My dad has our 67 mustang in the garage and it has this very nice dark blue/black color that was a factory paint color that i might do my truck in....verry nice looking color.

#55 ·
If I had the money I would have my truck taken apart and rino lined on both sides of everything. I am thinking about just getting the bottom done someday if I get alot of rock chips,

#56 ·
he did three coats of roll on hurculiner

#59 ·
Maybe his buddy weighs 740lbs???? Or that is how much the $hit he is slinging weighs?

#61 ·
Maybe his buddy weighs 740lbs???? Or that is how much the he is slinging weighs?
Yeah, I think you're right about that.

how would herculining a truck STOP the rust. I keep seeing this posted...... You just dont see it falling apart

I'm not sure how it would stop it from rusting. That doesn't make any sense.

#69 ·
So what's the deal with the rustoleum paint job? I really want to try this.

#71 ·
Haha. Let me know what happens. I'm going to do it to my truck after I try it on some old fenders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.